1.0 Beta6 Released!

Project Announcements. This is read-only, as in... not for problems/bugs/feature request.
Greg
Power Poster
Power Poster

Re: 1.0 Beta3 Released!

Post by Greg »

Notice: Only variables should be assigned by reference in D:\AAAWeb\cms\admin\listcontent.php on line 688
Greg
Elijah Lofgren
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Elijah Lofgren »

Greg wrote: Notice: Only variables should be assigned by reference in D:\AAAWeb\cms\admin\listcontent.php on line 688
Should hopefully be fixed now: http://viewsvn.cmsmadesimple.org/viewsv ... 3&view=rev
Note: I don't have time to take on any more projects. I'm quite busy. I may be too busy to reply to emails or messages. Thanks for your understanding. :)
Greg
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Greg »

Hi Elijah
The & needs to be removed in line 688 of listcontent.php to work without notices in php 4.4.2+ and 5+
$sameLevel = &$root->getSiblingCount();
Greg
Russ
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Russ »

Elijah Lofgren wrote:
Odd. It detects those properly here. If  you changed php.ini, you did restart apache right?
:) Yes I did re start Apache?
calguy1000 said that the ModuleManager module uses it to cache the list of modules. I'm not sure what would be a better explanation. Any ideas?
Do we need to mention it at all then? Just trying to not frighten off people. Install is the first thing they see so the smoother it installs and more simple it looks the better. People will try hard to get things to work if there is perceived value and simplicity even if it is more complex down the line.

Russ
Der Rudi
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by Der Rudi »

The {cms_selflink dir="anchor" anchorlink="header" .... } doesn't work on pages not in the menu like disclaimers etc.

See my also my previous post with a workaround http://forum.cmsmadesimple.org/index.ph ... 618.0.html and a bit more background on the why  :)

@Ted: seems a simple thing to include in beta4  ::)
Tiger X

Post by Tiger X »

Hi all, it's beafull ;)
Ted
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Ted »

Der Rudi wrote: The {cms_selflink dir="anchor" anchorlink="header" .... } doesn't work on pages not in the menu like disclaimers etc.

See my also my previous post with a workaround http://forum.cmsmadesimple.org/index.ph ... 618.0.html and a bit more background on the why  :)

@Ted: seems a simple thing to include in beta4  ::)
Try out the anchor tag in beta3.  You'll probably have better luck with that, and it gets rid of some of the nasty complexity of cms_selflink.
Der Rudi
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by Der Rudi »

Yes, the anchor tag works  8)

But... the 'previous page' links to a page at random it seems or nothing at all for 'next page'. Can be helped by using a template that does not have those, but is not the best solution.

Any thoughts/ideas?
Last edited by Der Rudi on Mon Aug 07, 2006 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ted
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Ted »

Beta4 is up.  This is basically the changes in the hiearchy manager to help lessen the burden for larger sites.  It still needs a little bit of optimization, but works pretty well as is.

It also includes more iinstaller fixes and fixes some issues with sessions.

Enjoy!
Dr.CSS

Re: 1.0 Beta4 Released!

Post by Dr.CSS »

Well I upgraded to 1.0 Beta 4 and I still can't get captcha to work or get it out of Comments, no image shows.

I've debugged it,  shows the right paths, no errors, temp and temp/cache files are set chmod 777.

EDIT: I keep getting this at the bottom of the comments...

[DB error: You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /homepages/24/d151200904/htdocs/cmsite/lib/content.functions.php(658) : eval()'d code on line 12

EDIT2: When I go to edit a page all the info from all 3 tabs show in the Main Tab and the browser just keeps spinning like it's busy even tho I can edit and change the content and hit apply and it updates the page it keeps spinning. been spinning for 8 min. now
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
pinthenet

Post by pinthenet »

Just upgraded Beta3 -> Beta4 and I get the folllowing:

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in d:\develop\easyphp1-8\www\cms\modules\MenuManager\MenuManager.module.php on line 166

(worked fine in Beta3)

Tried uninstall/install of MM but no change

I also notice that in the menumanager help it now says that the tag is just {menu}, although that gives the same effect (probably missed that change along the way)

John
tsw
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by tsw »

pinthenet wrote: Just upgraded Beta3 -> Beta4 and I get the folllowing:

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in d:\develop\easyphp1-8\www\cms\modules\MenuManager\MenuManager.module.php on line 166

Try clearing cache. contentcache might be still on the old hierarchy (not sure if automatic cache clearing got into beta4 on upgrade)

hope this helps
pinthenet

Post by pinthenet »

Sounded like a good idea but still the same I'm afraid.
Tried with {menu template=....} and {cms_module='menumanager' ....}

John
pinthenet

Post by pinthenet »

This may be worse than I thought....I decided to cleanup my pages (remove inactive pages etc) and now I get the message

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in d:\develop\easyphp1-8\www\cms\admin\listcontent.php on line 585

whenever I try to open the Content/Pages in admin. I had some pages that were inactive but still in the menu, and pages with parents but with 'show in menu' switched off. I assume that I hav a wierd page somewhere and that's screwing up the menumanger too.

I'll see what I can see in the DB.....
pinthenet

Post by pinthenet »

Just re-installed and rebuilt the DB - all is well again (apart from the old data). I think I need to consider either a clean up of my production site before upgrading (planned anyway), or perhaps even start from scratch again (less nice).

Is there a way to check the consistency of a site's data? It's posioble that I have played around too much with the content on the test site - I have another test site - see what happens there.

John

Return to “Announcements”