1.0 Beta6 Released!

Project Announcements. This is read-only, as in... not for problems/bugs/feature request.
Russ
Power Poster
Power Poster

Re: 1.0 Beta6 Released!

Post by Russ »

Thanks Elijah, that seemed to do the trick for Album at least.

Russ
tamlyn

Post by tamlyn »

I'm trying to change my externalizer module to cope with the lazy loading stuff in beta6. How should I do it? I've put explicit 'require_once' calls for now but that looks messy, is there a better way?

Also although I love all this new stuff I feel there's far too many core changes being made to CMS for a 1.0 beta. In my mind 1.0 betas should involve nothing more than bug fixing otherwise 1.0 final may end up being *less* stable than the preceding betas!

Finally is there any documentation on how to use the new Events system?
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Post by calguy1000 »

There are a now a bunch of methods in the $gCms object to lazy load various pieces of core functionality

i.e:

instead of "ContentOperations::blahBlahBlah()"

you now do a:

$contentoperations =& $gCms->GetContentOperations();
$contentoperations->blahBlahBlah();

as far as events... there's basically only a few method in the module api

a) CreateEvent  -- Create a new event, and add it to the database
b) RemoveEvent -- Remove an event from the database
c) SendEvent -- Send an event

e) AddEventHandler -- Add a handler for an event
f) RemoveEventHandler -- Remove a handler for an event

g) GetEventHelp() -- A callback to get a help string for a particular event that this module has created
h) GetEventDescription -- A callback to get a help string for a particular event that this module has created.

The documentation for each event, when it's called and what data is sent along with the event is available under Extensions-->Events
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.
tamlyn

Post by tamlyn »

Ta very much, that did the trick! Will play around with the events - looks like fun :)
Ted
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Ted »

@Tamlyn: I agree about changing so much at the last minute.  I was kind of worried about doing that, but as people we're complaing about the memory usage with the new modules, I figured that we better do something or 1.0 would be a total bust.  So, it was definitely necessary, even if it's last minute.  To be honest, I'd assume extend the beta as long as necessary to work out the problems...  But it seems like the only issues are with modules at this point (I mean, besides the comments about current design decisions), so I think it's still a goer for 1.0.
biofuelguy

Post by biofuelguy »

Hi,

Great work on 1.0!  I have been testing .13 on several sites preparing to deploy in production once 1.0 is released.  I just installed 1.0 beta 6 on a domain.  I just performed a clean install of beta 6 and found two issues:

Issues
============

Environment:

Windows XP Professional SP2 and all current patches
IE 6 
Mozilla Firefox 1.5.0.6

Issues:

Issue 1: Quick install via FTP - Step 5, "Thanks for installing CMS Made Simple" Step 5 icon image link is broken. (fresh install of beta 6)

Issue 2: Accessing CMSMadeSimple site from Godaddy ad-supported free hosting using Firefox defaults to accessibility mode.  Works fine from IE6.  Godaddy inserts some php code that places ads at the top of the website.  It inserts the ads and displays the CMS site perfectly in IE6 but when accessed from Mozilla Firefox, it defaults to accessible rendering with no graphics.

Example using CMS 1.0 beta 6 - http://www.ptcballet.com
Example using .13 Canary - http://www.greasology.org

Godaddy is a huge hosting company in the US so it is likely you will run into this as new adopters start kicking the tires.

Thanks again for the GREAT product!

-biofuelguy
Dr.CSS

Post by Dr.CSS »

They add stuff to the end of the page after body, which no body would do if they knew how to make a web page...

IE works with sloppy code, trying to interpret what you really wanted.

Firefox is used for this screen shot...

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
biofuelguy

Post by biofuelguy »

Thanks for the quick response.  I'll try to code around it now that I know what's making Firefox choke.

Thanks for the great support!

-biofuelguy
Terabyte
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by Terabyte »

Hello,

I think I found a small bug (or huge). When I fill in the meta tags (for example "kakor") for a page I get the metatags out on the page as the keywords like:

kakor
There are no HTML meta tags just the words comming out....
tamlyn

Post by tamlyn »

@terabyte that;s not a bug, it's a feature! You've got to type the whole metatag html in the box, not just the words. That allows you to add other arbitrary tags to the section of the page. tbh it should probably be renamed from 'metatags' to 'head tags' or something because it is a bit misleading. ted?
Terabyte
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by Terabyte »

OK, thanks. Yes it is very misleading in that case, for a "first-timer" like me with this CMS.
tcustomgolf

Post by tcustomgolf »

Did an upgrade from 0.13 to 1b6 and getting blank pages on upgrade.php and admin (main site is showing site down for maintenance message which I know is normal).  Deleted modules (Album, Feedback Form, etc.) from site except for the basic ones; CMSMailer, FCKeditorX, MenuManager,  ModuleManager, News, and ThemeManager.

Now what?
cyberman

Post by cyberman »

Found another localizing bug ...

If I'm in admin/listmodules.php help link is localized. If I go to modules help it's in english ...
tnorth

Post by tnorth »

Hi,
Url-rewriting seems to be broken.
I did a quick search in the bug tracker and forum, and didn't found about it for version 1.0beta6.

Thanks for your great work !
tamlyn

Post by tamlyn »

You're going to have to be a lot more specific than that! URL rewriting clearly works for the majority of users because, as you pointed out, nobody has reported any problems with it. In what way does it not work for you?

Return to “Announcements”