1.0 Beta6 Released!

Project Announcements. This is read-only, as in... not for problems/bugs/feature request.
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Re: 1.0 Beta2 Released!

Post by calguy1000 »

I guess you're right the latest release of FeedbackForm was in march.
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.
tristan
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by tristan »

calguy1000 wrote: I guess you're right the latest release of FeedbackForm was in march.
Hmm time to give SjG an email. Let's hope it's as simple as doing a replace on all the files.
jce76350
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by jce76350 »

Hi,

Search function : the text "Search" is in front of the textbox the textbox in French
That the modification from action.default.php---> line 30   the text "Search"

see picture

[attachment deleted by admin]
Last edited by jce76350 on Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jean-Claude Etiemble
singha
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by singha »

I've installed the CMSMS 1.0 Beta2 Release.

Everything works fine at this time (also the FormBuilder), but I got the Message "ERROR" on the top of every page  >:(

What to do  ???

Thanks . . .

Singha
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Post by calguy1000 »

jce76350 wrote: Hi,

Search function : the text "Search" is in front of the textbox the textbox in French
That the modification from action.default.php---> line 30  the text "Search"

see picture
I've fixed this in SVN, but I don't like my solution very well.  I'll go back to it.
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.
kevin360

Post by kevin360 »

Just installed to play around with it.  Here's a couple things I noticed:

- during the install it couldn't figure my php memory limit.  Right now my php.ini has memory_limit = 16M
  It was able to determine my max input time, max execution time, max upload file size correctly though.  Not a big deal, the install still works.

- really like the new preview with Ajax.  Could that also be extended to the apply button too?  That way the editor wouldn't have to be reloaded.

So far it seems to work good, looking forward to when the rest of the modules are ported to 1.0 so I can start using it for my sites!

Thanks
Bealers

Post by Bealers »

Hi, I just backed up the dev version of my site and untarred beta 2 over it, my comments follow:

Whilst I had no problem with the messages that are displayed when the the install script had yellow or red problems others might with the terminology, therefore I suggest being a bit more specific.

"Checking if session.save_path is set and writable
session.save_path is not set. Not having a session.save_path disallows any logins to the admin panel. Please adjust before continuing.."

Suggest that something along the lines of this is added...

"Check your php.ini settings, they should be something like:

session.save_path = "/tmp" ; unix
session.save_path = "c:\windows\temp" ; windows

ditto the PHP memory limit:

"php.ini should have the following setting:
memory_limit = 16M "

Also the max upload file size message is ambiguous:
--Checking max upload file size (min 2M) You have "2M" and I get a yellow dot.
What, I'm getting a yellow dot because It's not set to 2.000001 M?

I've got new left hand side Admin shortcuts as opposed to the older floating pop out box. However my "user preferences" have "show admin shortcuts" unticked.

Finally my menus now have "Current page is 1: Home" plus numbers preceding each item which totally breaks my layout. I guess this might be a problem for upgraders (like me) that have custom templates and stylesheets. I'll try and figure out how to fix this in the morning.

Turns out that when I did the install/upgrade that MySQL was not running. I unticked "import default tempaltes" and the other DB option (sorry I forget what it was) does the DB schema differ from that of 0.13?

hth
Last edited by Bealers on Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elijah Lofgren
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Elijah Lofgren »

Bealers wrote: I've got new left hand side Admin shortcuts as opposed to the older floating pop out box. However my "user preferences" have "show admin shortcuts" unticked.
Thanks for the report, fixed in SVN: http://viewsvn.cmsmadesimple.org/viewsv ... 9&view=rev
Note: I don't have time to take on any more projects. I'm quite busy. I may be too busy to reply to emails or messages. Thanks for your understanding. :)
Elijah Lofgren
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Elijah Lofgren »

Bealers wrote: Finally my menus now have "Current page is 1: Home" plus numbers preceding each item which totally breaks my layout. I guess this might be a problem for upgraders (like me) that have custom templates and stylesheets. I'll try and figure out how to fix this in the morning.
You should be able to fix this by attaching the "Accessibility and cross-browser tools" stylesheet to your template.
Bealers wrote: Turns out that when I did the install/upgrade that MySQL was not running. I unticked "import default tempaltes" and the other DB option (sorry I forget what it was) does the DB schema differ from that of 0.13?
Yes, CMSMS 0.13 DB schema version was "19", schema version in CMSMS 1.0-svn is "24"
Note: I don't have time to take on any more projects. I'm quite busy. I may be too busy to reply to emails or messages. Thanks for your understanding. :)
Russ
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Russ »

Piratos wrote: The search function seems to work good - but only at the first view.
With 100 pages i found too much and so nothing....
I read Piratos comments and tried the search with some real example and it does seem to do what he says?

Russ
Piratos

Post by Piratos »

One of the reason why some modules are not working right is the adodb function $db->DBTimeStamp.

If you put in a variable as example $dbtime = $db->DBTimeStamp(); you have a qouted value. If you are using this in a query, you have a double qouted string and a fault in the query.

The problem is, if i delete the first qoute it works only in version 1.b2 and not in versions below, because the cms is using a hacked version of adodb lite, without qouting this.  On the other side, modules which are using this inversion 0.13 did not work correct in 1b2.
westis

Post by westis »

singha wrote: I've installed the CMSMS 1.0 Beta2 Release.

Everything works fine at this time (also the FormBuilder), but I got the Message "ERROR" on the top of every page  >:(

What to do  ???

Thanks . . .

Singha
What error messages do you get?
Piratos

Post by Piratos »

Checking PHP memory limit (min 12M, recommend 16M)
So you say bye bye to many users with a standard domain and his 8 M.
singha
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by singha »

Hi Westis,

The Error-Message is: ERROR

This message is on the first line of every page.

After a reload, there is no more
rror-message, but after a restart, the message is back.

Sorry for my poor English, hope you understand . . . .

Singha
Piratos

Post by Piratos »

I read Piratos comments and tried the search with some real example and it does seem to do what he says?
Simple Example - take a fresh install and search "Administration Panel".

Check the details of theresults of the 1B2 Module search.

Than search with Pisearch

Here the pictures:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Return to “Announcements”