1.0 Beta6 Released!

Project Announcements. This is read-only, as in... not for problems/bugs/feature request.
Piratos

Re: 1.0 Beta2 Released!

Post by Piratos »

To my prev posting:

The page Home is the only page with the words Administration Panel !!  That is a 100% result, but the module search has another meaning .
Piratos

Post by Piratos »

I can install module calendar but nothing works.
NickR

Post by NickR »

Piratos wrote: To my prev posting:

The page Home is the only page with the words Administration Panel !!  That is a 100% result, but the module search has another meaning .
I think all those pages contain the word "panel"

If you search for the word "administration" alone you only get 2 results.
Der Rudi
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by Der Rudi »

When in Admin Panel -> Content, Add new page I can not find the dropdown for internal link when using Link as Content Type. According to roadmap this should be in it, or is this 'coming soon'  :)
Piratos

Post by Piratos »

I think all those pages contain the word "panel"
So it is.
only get 2 results.
I get only 1 with search and pisearch.

The Page Home ist the page with both words "Administration Panel " and has 13%.

The page CMSMS tags in the templates has only the word panel and has 100%, other pages have panel too and less %.

If i had 200 pages someone find nothing because he find nearly all pages.

This way is that what my plugin pisearch in a very first version makes - a simple OR and not and AND between all words.

If there comes no changes in the module search has no good function for the users.
Piratos

Post by Piratos »

The module search works in pages there not visible in menu or protected.

The cms needs now 7,3 MB (with the standard modules in the package).
Last edited by Piratos on Sat Jul 29, 2006 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nils73
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by nils73 »

One thing I would like to throw in for 1.0 is that some front-end fields - especially those generated by modules - to not validate when using the label-tag on them. That is because of the attribute "name" being used instead of "id" or both of them (then of couse id and name should be the same value).

Example

Code: Select all

<label for="m2input_username">Username
  <input type="text" name="m2input_username" value="" size="20" maxlength="20" />
</label>
In the above example it should be id="m2input_username" instead of or in addition to the name-attribute. I have mentioned this before in a different thread where this one was related to accessibility (throwing in WCAG) but it is also invalid in XHTML strict using label.

Regards,
Nils
q20060418

Post by q20060418 »

I've been testing the 1.0beta2 and it's great! Many new functions, and a more professional look. Good job dev team!

Nevertheless, the new search function is working just partially with non-ASCII chars.

For example, if you create a new page (let's call it test) with FCKEditor and enter this content: "España es un bonito país.", FCKEditor will translate it to HTMLentities and will produce "España es un bonito país." and will put it into cms_content_props table.

If you search for "España" (or "españa"), the search module will find the test page. But, if you look for "país" then it will find nothing at all.

If you edit the test page and replace "país" with "países" (which is actually bad written in Spanish, but it is only for demostration purpouses), and then you look for "países" it will now find the test page correctly. Note that both words has the same root "país", but the first is just 4 characters long while the second is 6 characters long.

After studying the problem for a while it seems that:
  • The search module can't find words with HTMLentities that are shorter than 5 characters. The module works perfectly with words shorter than 5 characters if they don't have HTMLentities.
  • The cms_module_search_index table is indexing HTMLentities isolated, not with the words they belong to. So in the test page I said, "España" will be indexed as two records in that table: "espa" and "ntilde". Curiously it doesn't index "ntilde;" which is the real HTMLentitie, neither "a" which is the ending of the word. If we take the "países" example then we find it indexes "iacute" and "ses". Again it's loosing a fragment of the word (this time "pa", the begining of it), and indexes "iacute" instead of "iacute;".

Could you please take a look at this?

Thank you very much.
Ted
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Ted »

Beta 3 is up!
[12:37:08] calguy1000_: What are the highlights of b3?
[12:37:31] Search and installer improvements... bug fixes
Simple and to the point.  I like it!

Thanks for your feedback so far!
q20060418

Re: 1.0 Beta3 Released!

Post by q20060418 »

Same problems in 1.0beta3 with search module and non-ASCII characters.  :'(
Russ
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Russ »

In upgrading my test site from previous beta got as far as
"Upgrading Search module from 1.0.2 to 1.0.3..." then nothing. No no site or admin?

So I tried an install... but this fails on
"Checking if session.save_path is set.
session.save_path is not set. Not having a session.save_path disallows any logins to the admin panel. Please adjust before continuing.."

I changed the install.php to "$continueon = true;" for this bit but still same error.

So at the moment I cannot upgrade or install.

Russ
Last edited by Russ on Tue Aug 01, 2006 5:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Elijah Lofgren
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Elijah Lofgren »

Russ wrote: So I tried an install... but this fails on
"Checking if session.save_path is set.
session.save_path is not set. Not having a session.save_path disallows any logins to the admin panel. Please adjust before continuing.."

I changed the install.php to "$continueon = true;" for this bit but still same error.
Thanks to DeeEye this bug has been fixed:
http://viewsvn.cmsmadesimple.org/viewsv ... 3&view=rev
http://viewsvn.cmsmadesimple.org/viewsv ... 4&view=rev

Do get this fix download this file and replace your current install/install.php with it:
http://viewsvn.cmsmadesimple.org/viewsv ... iew=markup

This fix will be included with CMSMS 1.0 beta4.

Please let us know how it goes,

Elijah
Note: I don't have time to take on any more projects. I'm quite busy. I may be too busy to reply to emails or messages. Thanks for your understanding. :)
Dr.CSS

Re: 1.0 Beta1 Released!

Post by Dr.CSS »

calguy1000 wrote: Once you're on 1.0-beta1 I'll give you a hand with the calendar stuff. with events it'll be much easier.

and.... check the downloads page :)
I'm on 1.0 beta 3 can you show me how to do the events thing?

EDIT: I fixed Calendar to work with 1.0 beta3
Russ
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Russ »

Thanks Elijah,
I used new 'install.php' and upgrade and install to my test server now work except for the errors below.

Machine: Darwin MacG51.local 8.7.0 Darwin Kernel Version 8.7.0:
PHP Version: 5.1.4
MySQL: 5.0.21

Install problems...

1. You have "8M"Checking PHP memory limit (min 8M, recommend 16M) is showing yellow - can't check.
Yet the PHP.ini has it set...
memory_limit = 16M      ; Maximum amount of memory a script may consume (8MB)

2. You have "3M"Checking max upload file size (min 2M) Caution is showing yellow
Yet the PHP.ini has it set to 3M as indicated by the text, which is more than the minimum and so should be green???

3. Checking if session.save_path is writable
If this deosn't work, tell users to add to their .htaccess file??
php_value session.save_path '/tmp'

4. Checking if sessions are enabled
Although the PHP support for sessions is not mandatory, it is highly recommended. Logins and other things may slow down and you may have difficulty with some addon functionality without this capability.

a. This is yellow but I have session support enabled??

b. So which modules use this?? I think this is a bit vague. Either present users with very brief summary with a 'more link' or a full explanation. Most users won't know anything about this, we are supposed to be CMS Made Simple!

Hope this helps,

Russ
Elijah Lofgren
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Elijah Lofgren »

Russ wrote: Thanks Elijah,
I used new 'install.php' and upgrade and install to my test server now work except for the errors below.

Machine: Darwin MacG51.local 8.7.0 Darwin Kernel Version 8.7.0:
PHP Version: 5.1.4
MySQL: 5.0.21

Install problems...

1. You have "8M"Checking PHP memory limit (min 8M, recommend 16M) is showing yellow - can't check.
Yet the PHP.ini has it set...
memory_limit = 16M      ; Maximum amount of memory a script may consume (8MB)

2. You have "3M"Checking max upload file size (min 2M) Caution is showing yellow
Yet the PHP.ini has it set to 3M as indicated by the text, which is more than the minimum and so should be green???
Odd. It detects those properly here. If  you changed php.ini, you did restart apache right?
Russ wrote: 3. Checking if session.save_path is writable
If this deosn't work, tell users to add to their .htaccess file??
php_value session.save_path '/tmp'
Actually this check should probably just be removed since sometimes the session.save_path is not directly writable, but php owns is and it still works to write sessions.
Russ wrote: 4. Checking if sessions are enabled
Although the PHP support for sessions is not mandatory, it is highly recommended. Logins and other things may slow down and you may have difficulty with some addon functionality without this capability.

a. This is yellow but I have session support enabled??
Odd. The check works fine here. I wonder if it fails for anyone else that has sessions enabled?

Russ wrote: b. So which modules use this?? I think this is a bit vague. Either present users with very brief summary with a 'more link' or a full explanation. Most users won't know anything about this, we are supposed to be CMS Made Simple!
calguy1000 said that the ModuleManager module uses it to cache the list of modules. I'm not sure what would be a better explanation. Any ideas?
Note: I don't have time to take on any more projects. I'm quite busy. I may be too busy to reply to emails or messages. Thanks for your understanding. :)

Return to “Announcements”