ClearCache for modules

Project Announcements. This is read-only, as in... not for problems/bugs/feature request.
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

ClearCache for modules

Post by calguy1000 »

It has come to my attention that the ClearCache method of the ContentOperations class is public, and is documented as such.

The documentation issue has been corrected in svn for the next release of CMSMS. However in the interim, I am aware that one (or more) modules are using this method.

To all module authors using this method: Please stop doing so immediately, correct your modules and release new versions as soon as possible. You are actually hurting the performance of your modules and the performance of the users websites by using this method. Similarly there is a clear_cached_files() method of the CmsObject class that should not be used.

Using these methods clear ALL cached files from CMSMS. Including (but not limited to) cached menu templates, all smarty compiled templates, stylesheets processed through smarty, cached menu output for the admin theme, and cached files from other modules.

These methods will be marked as private in the future (or renamed). and SHOULD NOT BE USED by any module developer.

Thank you for your cooperation.
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.
alexbuckland

Re: ClearCache for modules

Post by alexbuckland »

Name and shame!

But seriously, it would help us to know which ones you know about
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Post by calguy1000 »

We did a documentation effort for the 1.9 series. And I tried (honestly) to keep all of my modifications up to date documentation wise. So 'best effort' was in there.

But. meh... nothing is perfect.
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Post by calguy1000 »

As a professional, I know a couple of the modules that are relevant, but I will not name them. Sorry.
Follow me on twitter
--------------------
quadracer
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by quadracer »

calguy1000 wrote: To all module authors using this method: Please stop doing so immediately, correct your modules and release new versions as soon as possible.
I'm learning PHP/CMSMS ... please tell me what's the right method?
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Post by calguy1000 »

There is no correct method. Modules should not be clearing the CMSMS cache at any time. This is an internal method that they were using incorrectly.
Follow me on twitter
--------------------
quadracer
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by quadracer »

Thx for your fast answer.

Return to “Announcements”