Announcing CMSMS 1.10.1 - Le Lorrain

Project Announcements. This is read-only, as in... not for problems/bugs/feature request.
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Announcing CMSMS 1.10.1 - Le Lorrain

Post by calguy1000 »

Here we are again, straight out of a major functionality release, with a new point release for a significant bunch of bug fixes. Named 1.10.1 - Le Lorrain (pronounced one point ten point one), We had hoped that our longer, public beta process would have caught most of the issues like this. However, as they say, the road to hell is paved with good intentions. C'est La Vie.

The prominent bugs we fixed were with respect to inactive content pages, and with respect to module functionality. We also fixed the summarize modifier, and even a postgres compatibility issue. As well, we added some help where it was missing, and managed to squeeze in some minor optimizations too. Some missing help was added, and/or improved in some modules, and the translations should be much more up to date.

We encourage everybody to upgrade their website(s) to CMSMS 1.10.1 As soon as possible, as this release marks the end of support for the 1.9 series of CMSMS. As well, there are some important bug fixes for ALL users of CMSMS 1.10.

There will be a diff package for this release, but only from CMSMS 1.10. It is still recommended that you ensure that your modules are compatible with CMSMS 1.10.x before upgrading your production sites. And always have a verified backup before doing any upgrades. If you don't have a backup, there isn't much we can do to help you if things go bad, except to shake our heads.

Thanks go out to all of those that found these issues and to the members of the dev team who have again spent many hours testing, fixing and re-testing issues.

Have fun with CMSMS 1.10.1

Issues we Addressed:
- Fixed a problem with improper HTTPS detection in the metadata plugin
- Fixed a problem with modules not being loaded properly for admin stylesheets
- Fixed a minor problem with microtinyconfig
- Fixed a minor issue in event handlers.
- Adds one more error check into MenuManager wrt to GetContent on inactive objects.
- Fixes a problem with GetAllContent() which effects the parent dropdown stuff.
- Fixes a problem with deleting inactive content.
- Fixes the summary modifier.
- Replaces the cms_tree_operations::load_from_list() method with a simpler, recursive function.
- Minor optimizations to the cms_content_cache class to reduce database queries when there are deactivated pages.
- Inactive pages now show up in order content, and in a different color.
- ModuleManager - minor improvement to the is_connection_ok method.
- adodb_lite - get rid of some files that are not needed (xmlschema, config etc).
- Fixes a problem with uninstalling deactivated modules.
- Fixes sorting for page_image and thumbnail dropdowns
- Fixes call to GetParameters in the module API that would hide parameters from the help if the module was using the new InitializAdmin method.
- Fixes postgres compatibility issue.
- Fixes pagination bug in news admin interface when category is selected.
- Minor fix to upgrade in News.
- Fixes minor problem with Pageinfo class.
- Fix to the GetModulesWithCapability method.
- Adds help for MicroTiny.
- Adds more help for the tag.
- Fixes a problem in the Redirect method of the module api if a value of a parameter was 0
- now extend time limit in the module manager for time intensive operations. (some hosts may not allow this).
- Fixes some minor template issues in News.
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.
nicmare
Power Poster
Power Poster

Re: Announcing CMSMS 1.10.1 - Le Lorrain

Post by nicmare »

thank you very much
Foaly*
Translator
Translator

Post by Foaly* »

you guys don't cease to amaze me!
stevegos

Post by stevegos »

Have just upgraded from 1.10 using the diff files and the Menu Manager has now disappeared from the menu!

is this normal?
puohis

Post by puohis »

Same happened to me also and ModuleManager was also missing from the menu. I got them back by clicking uninstall and then clicking install on modules menu.
gocreative
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by gocreative »

All of the language JS files for MicroTiny are empty in the English-diff package.
puohis

Post by puohis »

TinyMCE is also broken in 1.10.1. If you try to insert picture you can do it only from /uploads/images folder or by writing whole url. If you try to go to any of the subdirectories nothing happens and the file browser stays on /uploads/images folder.
Cody

Post by Cody »

I did upgrade, but after every editing page I can see only blank screen on URL http://www.domain.com/admin/editcontent ... d=86&page= and 500 Error

Code: Select all

04:04:00.537	0.511	9684	191	POST	500	text/html	http://www.domain.com/admin/editcontent.php?content_id=86&page=
Have anybody same problem? Is possible to fix it?
beattie
Forum Members
Forum Members

Re: Great

Post by beattie »

1.10.1 is working very well for me, thanks so much everyone who works on the Core and Mdules for such great work and the endless hours of your time. I did also upgrade to 1.10 initially and 1.10.1 has noticeably fixed bugs issues. Anyone who reads this, it's important when upgrading the core to 1.10.1 to remember to also uprade all installed modules which need upgrading. (This caught me out on a couple of issues before I realised.)
gianpiero
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by gianpiero »

Cody wrote:I did upgrade, but after every editing page I can see only blank screen on URL http://www.domain.com/admin/editcontent ... d=86&page= and 500 Error

04:04:00.537	0.511	9684	191	POST	500	text/html	http://www.domain.com/admin/editcontent.php?content_id=86&page=
Are your folders at 755 ?
Cody

Post by Cody »

gianpiero wrote:
Cody wrote:I did upgrade, but after every editing page I can see only blank screen on URL http://www.domain.com/admin/editcontent ... d=86&page= and 500 Error

Yes, they are.
beattie
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by beattie »

Cody wrote:
gianpiero wrote:

Yes, they are.
Have you checked the php version that your server is running? I had a blank screen problem after upgrading too but this only happened when I moved the website from one web host to another. Once the web hosting company upgraded the php version all was rectified. Just a suggestion...
beattie
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by beattie »

During my blank screen problem, researching the forum suggested increasing memory limit in config file. See this thread for more details: http://forum.cmsmadesimple.org/viewtopi ... 3&t=26503&
fearmydesign
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by fearmydesign »

O0

Is it possible (or recommended) to go from 1.9.4.3 straight to 1.10.1 ?? Thank you

???
Rod
"Be careful who you step on your way up; because you never know who you'll meet on your way down!" - or something like that.
winkelman
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by winkelman »

Yeah it's possible but wait some days / hours - dev team works on 1.10.2 with some bug fixes.

Return to “Announcements”