Wanted: A 508 Accessibility Pro

Project Announcements. This is read-only, as in... not for problems/bugs/feature request.
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Wanted: A 508 Accessibility Pro

Post by calguy1000 »

The CMSMS Dev team has decided that for CMSMS 1.10 we will be undertaking a serious effort to ensure that the core (including the frontend templates) and all admin actions are 508 compliant.

At least we are gonna move there. We may not get it all done in one release.

So we're looking for a person that has expertise in accessibility coding in HTML to give us some advice and feedback as to what has to be changed/added in the core forms, and screens so that they are compliant.

If you have experience in this area, and you have a bit of time to spare to help us with describing the problem, and what we have to do... and maybe some testing? then we'd love to hear from you.
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.
noeyes
Forum Members
Forum Members

Re: Wanted: A 508 Accessibility Pro

Post by noeyes »

Hello
I have used cms made simple for more than a year, and i am very glad for the cms system. I am blind, and i can help the cms team with testing accessibility with cms.
I have my own homepage i have maked in cms made simple, it is in Danish.
www.noeyes.dk
Feel free to contact me with accessibility questions, and if there is something i can test for the team.
Best regards
Noeyes
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Post by calguy1000 »

Thank you very much for your response.

We are currently doing an accessibility review in all of the CORE admin functions, and core modules. We intend that version 1.10 should meet or exceed accessibility guidelines (for the default install). However, we're noobs at it. And although we've read a bunch of howto's and guidelines, and have some plugins to give us guidelines we are definitely flying by the seat of our pants.

We will probably ask you to participate by running the SVN version of CMSMS 1.10 (or we can arrange snapshots) and giving us advice as to what we have done right, and what needs to be improved.

I am swamped right now, so I will send a message to you this weekend to see about getting you started.
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.
noeyes
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by noeyes »

Hello calguy1000  
I look forward to hear from you, i hope you have a nice evening.
Please sent me a download link to the version, i should try.
best regards
noeyes

Return to “Announcements”