Coming Soon - CMS Made Simple 1.10

Project Announcements. This is read-only, as in... not for problems/bugs/feature request.
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Re: Coming Soon - CMS Made Simple 1.10

Post by calguy1000 »

Another update:

a: We have removed the deprecated {stylesheet} plugin from the 1.10 distribution. This means that it will no longer be shipped with CMSMS however it should still continue to work (for the foreseeable future) for those sites that are still using it.

b: We've added a new cms_cookies class that assists with creating and managing cookies, and modified the core (not modules) to use it. This class will set the secure flag, and the 'https' flag on cookies as appropriate, which should be an added security bonus for 1.10

c: We've modified the cms_stylesheet tag to (by default) respect the 'https' checkbox on content pages. So internet exploder shouldn't complain as much.
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.
seensite
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by seensite »

calguy1000 wrote:Hello Everybody.
- Add more events to allow for a proper multi-language addon module
Among all great features as security and memory optimization, a new multi-language addon module would be a real improvement for CMSMS. Since MLE-fork was branched out and 2.0 shelved, CMS misses a proper multi-language functionnality - I am looking forward to test this summer / early fall 1.10 release! Really!

Great Job!
mcDavid
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by mcDavid »

calguy1000 wrote:There will be a formal beta process for 1.10, that will probably be a public beta. And a forum attached to that that will be highly moderated. The beta process will be for testing of stability, not for requesting features.
That's very nice! From what i'm reading here, I will have to do some updating to a module i've made.

But with all those significant changes, and the fact that "2.0" has been dropped, wouldn't it be wise to rename the final of 1.10 to 2.0?
Mieszko
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by Mieszko »

mcDavid wrote: That's very nice! From what i'm reading here, I will have to do some updating to a module i've made.

But with all those significant changes, and the fact that "2.0" has been dropped, wouldn't it be wise to rename the final of 1.10 to 2.0?
That's most missed here, too.
There was a time when I decided for this system because of its super easy to handle MLE . Without this ther is no reason to stay with this system any longer.
mcDavid
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by mcDavid »

Mieszko wrote:
mcDavid wrote: That's very nice! From what i'm reading here, I will have to do some updating to a module i've made.

That's most missed here, too.
There was a time when I decided for this system because of its super easy to handle MLE . Without this ther is no reason to stay with this system any longer.
For what I read in this topic, MLE will only get (much) better in 1.10...
Foaly*
Translator
Translator

Post by Foaly* »

seensite wrote:
Among all great features as security and memory optimization, a new multi-language addon module would be a real improvement for CMSMS. Since MLE-fork was branched out and 2.0 shelved, CMS misses a proper multi-language functionnality - I am looking forward to test this summer / early fall 1.10 release! Really!

Great Job!
the new mle module called multilanguage cms works like a charme!
faglork

Post by faglork »

Foaly* wrote: the new mle module called multilanguage cms works like a charme!
Which multilanguage module? Can you be specific?

Cheers,
Alex
Foaly*
Translator
Translator

Post by Foaly* »

This one: http://dev.cmsmadesimple.org/projects/mlecms.
Unhappily the developer hasn't created a proper documentation yet.. there is a howto in the german forum, but I don't know if there's any in here.
bess
Language Partners
Language Partners

Post by bess »

Foaly* wrote:Unhappily the developer hasn't created a proper documentation yet
http://cmsmadesimple.sk/modules/MleCMS/ ... guide.html ;)
seensite
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by seensite »

I believe it's a good module. I wish a MLE solution part of CMSMS core that would imply the DevTeam so that final users could count on a long-term support.
Mieszko
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by Mieszko »

... it does indeed but it's not suitable for 50+ pages in 3 languages or more :-(. The planned LangOps module seems to go into the right direction.
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Post by calguy1000 »

and yet more updates.

Here's what's been happening behind the scenes for the last couple of weeks wrt CMSMS 1.10

- We've dropped the deprecated {stylesheet} tag from the release. This means that it should still continue to work for sites that are using it, but we will no longer be distributing it, or support it.
- We've cleaned up the content objects a bit (adding accessor methods where none existed, and making sure that the core uses those accessor methods ... this is again one of those php4 cleanup things, that will pave the way for us to do better things as we move forward. This may break some modules that are providing custom content types, so those module developers are encouraged to be part of the beta process.
- We've cleaned up the module operations api and done some optimizations to the techniques used to find the selected wysiwyg or syntax highlighter modules. Developers of wysiwyg or syntax highlighter modules should double check that everything is still working, but I don't expect many problems.
- We have started working on modifications to the admin interface to be more 'accessible' for people with disabilities. This will be a big bonus for people that are trying to contract websites to governments or to educational institutions
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.
winkelman
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by winkelman »

Will 1.10 have the last Smarty 2 version (or Smarty 3) inside?

It's 2.6.26
Fixed security hole in {math} plugin
but CMSMS is using 2.6.25 ...
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Post by calguy1000 »

Yet another update:

Yesterday I installed a fresh version of CMSMS 1.10 SVN on a remote site that was configured with only 24MB of ram available to PHP. I went to ModuleManager and successfully downloaded and installed the Products module, and all of it's dependencies in one batch.

Now there are warnings and errors coming from the various modules (due primarily to removing the $gCms->modules array) (Inlcuding their installation routines) so I will need to make a bunch of improvements to my modules during the beta process. However, it did work properly.

That's a big usability bonus for CMSMS 1.10
Follow me on twitter
--------------------
bess
Language Partners
Language Partners

Post by bess »

i just tested my own modules and found some bugs (or maybe new fonctionnalities ;D )

how can i give you a feed back ?

Return to “Announcements”