Coming Soon - CMS Made Simple 1.9.4

Project Announcements. This is read-only, as in... not for problems/bugs/feature request.
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Coming Soon - CMS Made Simple 1.9.4

Post by calguy1000 »

As many of you have gathered, there are still a few remaining (rather serious) bugs in the 1.9.x series. particularly:

Mysql 5.5.x
MYSQL had long deprecated the CREATE TABLE ... TYPE=TABLETYPE in preference for the ENGINE=TABLETYPE syntax. And as of version 5.5 they dropped all support for the TYPE parameter. This came to a head around the time when CMSMS 1.9.2 was released and required a fair bit of research to figure out what was happening, and why... Essentially, we had to catch up on some reading. We couldn't just request every module developer to change their code, event hough it's a simple enough change. So we made a slight change to the ADODB-lite abstraction library (for those of you that wonder why we still use an abstraction library even if MySQL is the de-facto standard database for CMSMS... this is it), to intercept all CREATE TABLE calls and change the TYPE= argument to ENGINE=.

Many of the dev team programmers doesn't regularly run Windoze, and the Mysql 5.5 packages aren't available in the standard repositories for ubuntu/debian based systems, so we really didn't have ready access to MySQL 5.5. I resorted to setting up a new virtual machine running windoze, configuring the networking, doing upgrades, etc, etc... so it took a while to fix (and I had to shower afterwards, Windoze makes me feel icky). And then the fix had to be tested by our QA Team.

b: Caching issues
Unfortunately, one of the side-effects of a bug we fixed in 1.9.3 regarding page caching had a side-effect that ALL admin pages were also cached. This effected the image manager, TinyMCE, and the logout functionality. Although the fix was simple enough, again everything has to be tested.

c: Numerous other little bugs
There's a pile of little bugs here and there that we've been fixing. Including some minor issues in News and the MenuManager, and in content editing... the complete list will be in the changelog when the release comes out.

Anyways, as a result there will be a CMSMS 1.9.4 released soon (Possibly as soon as Saturday the 5th of March). I just thought I'd keep you posted.
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.
SINphul
Forum Members
Forum Members

Re: Coming Soon - CMS Made Simple 1.9.4

Post by SINphul »

This is awesome news. Thanks for the update!
nicmare
Power Poster
Power Poster

Re: Coming Soon - CMS Made Simple 1.9.4

Post by nicmare »

i can download 1.9.4 ;)

Return to “Announcements”