Coming Soon - CMS Made Simple 1.9

Project Announcements. This is read-only, as in... not for problems/bugs/feature request.
stevegos

Re: Coming Soon - CMS Made Simple 1.9

Post by stevegos »

Sitemap???

I use the sitemap module extensively as part of my seo work.

Why is it being removed? Doesn't make sense to me.

Thanks for all the extra work and for a great cms.

Steve
moorezilla

Post by moorezilla »

I believe sitemap functionality is now provided by site_mapper.

New release looks great! Nice!
RonnyK
Support Guru
Support Guru

Post by RonnyK »

Correct,

sitemap was replaced by site_mapper some mayor releases ago. Thing is that sitemap didnt handle inactive/hidden pages correctly, the site_mapper logic uses the MenuManager logic.

Ronny
stevegos

Post by stevegos »

Excellent. Thanks for that. I was concerned this had been overlooked.

Steve
mcDavid
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by mcDavid »

Very nice! Looks like a great update! (yes that 'thank you' you heard on drag-drop was from me ;) )

How does this relate to CMSMS2.0? I thought 1.7 was already supposed to be the last version of the 1.x range, and now with 1.9 there's not much left! Does this mean this is really the last version or might 2.0 be renumbered?

I think these updates are a good thing though. 2.0 is taking a bit longer to release and nobody wants to be waiting forever, so it's a good thing 1.x is still making good progress too.
NikNak
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by NikNak »

Hi Robert and the CMSMS dev team

I use $gCms in lots of my UDTs - especially to process smarty using code like:

global $gCms;
  $smarty = &$gCms->GetSmarty();
  $smarty_data = $smartyToProcess;
  $smarty->_compile_source('temporary template', $smarty_data, $_compiled );
  @ob_start();
  $smarty->_eval('?>' . $_compiled);
  $_contents = @ob_get_contents();
  @ob_end_clean();
}

and for retrieving vars like $gCms->config['root_path']

Will there be other methods to achieve the same? As this could potentially keep me stuck in the 1.8s

Kind regards

Nik
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Post by calguy1000 »

No, that'll still work... with no problems.

it's just the {$gCms} variable within smarty that's disappearing, not the global variable.

As well:

You should NOT be using any of the $gCms internal variables (the ones declared private in the api docs).  i.e:  $gCms->variables[] and $gCms->modules etc.

These are to be considered private, and in later versions you won't have access to them..  This is the warning.
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.
NikNak
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by NikNak »

Thanks for the tip Calguy

I'll have to find workarounds for the $gCms->config['root_path']  (used to manage a multidomain site)

To be honest I have never seen the API docs and am not sure where to even look for them.

Kind regards
Nik
Last edited by NikNak on Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bess
Language Partners
Language Partners

Post by bess »

Last edited by bess on Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
MikeTroop74
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by MikeTroop74 »

This is what makes CMSMS by far the best Content Management system out there!
Last edited by MikeTroop74 on Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Update: Coming Soon - CMS Made Simple 1.9

Post by calguy1000 »

Well, we're getting close to release...but we're not there yet.  It seems that everybody is busy at this time of year, so it's been hard for alot of people to find time for testing (and fixing) the beta.

Because we still have a few issues left to resolve, we are delaying the release a bit.  We now hope to have the 1.9 release out on or about the 6th of November.

There has been alot of work on 1.9 in the last month though.  We've cleared up alot of the jquery/javascripty/ajax issues...

We've gotten rid of the use_hierarchy=false stuff again (the new URL stuff replaces it, and one of the things we have to test and fix is the upgrade path).

We've written a bunch of new API functions, and protected a bunch of internals.  You should note that these steps MAY cause problems with some poorly behaved modules. 

Regarding E_STRICT.  Though we have fixed any issues we've found wrt E_STRICT we have not made a point of going through each function with the intent of fixing E_STRICT errors.  Therefore 1.9 will still not support E_STRICT and we'll ask you to disable it in your .htaccess/php.ini/etc.  However as we move forward we will fix things so that they work with E_STRICT.

Docs still have to be written for the official release notes, and to cover how this timezone stuff works, and why it has to be set to the servers timezone... the API docs need updating, etc, etc.  There's a thousand little things left to do before the release. Lets hope we can get them done in a week.
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.

Return to “Announcements”