0.13 Final Released!

Project Announcements. This is read-only, as in... not for problems/bugs/feature request.
lemkepf
Forum Members
Forum Members

Re: 0.13 Final Released!

Post by lemkepf »

It could just be my "noobness" with the whole mod_rewrite jazz and .13 release but i have an issue....

When i put the {metadata} tag in the template it will display meta data without any meta tags. Ok, that's fine i just put the meta data tags around the output.

But now that i'm using the pretty hierarchy URL's i need the "base" tags. So i say "{metadata showbase="true"}" We'll... then it displays the meta stuff in the meta tags, along with the base stuff in the meta tag.

So here is my template:

Code: Select all

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<__html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en" >
<head>
<title>{title}</title>
{stylesheet}
<meta name="description" content="{metadata showbase="true"}">
</head>
</__body>
And here is the output:

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<__html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en" >
<head>
<title>Visitor's Guide - First Lutheran Church and School, Elkhorn, WI (WELS)</title>
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="http://www.firstatthecross.com/stylesheet.php?templateid=5" />
<meta name="description" content="First Lutheran Church and School, Elkhorn, WI (WELS) - The continuing purpose of this congregation, as a gathering of Christians, is to serve all people in God’s world with the gospel of Jesus Christ on the basis of the Holy Scriptures. 415 South Devendorf Street Elkhorn, Wisconsin 53121, Church  (262)723-4191 / School (262)723-1091
<base href="http://www.firstatthecross.com/" />">
</head>
So yea... is this a bug or am i doing something wrong? Here is the config file:

#------------
#URL Settings
#------------

#Show mod_rewrite URLs in the menu?
$config['assume_mod_rewrite'] = true;

#Extension to use if you're using mod_rewrite for pretty URLs.
$config['page_extension'] = '/';

#If you don't use mod_rewrite, then would you like to use the built-in
#pretty url mechanism?  This will not work with IIS and the {metadata} tag
#should be in all of your templates before enabling.
$config['internal_pretty_urls'] = false;

#If you're using the internal pretty url mechanism or mod_rewrite, would you like to
#show urls in their hierarchy?  (ex. http://www.mysite.com/parent/parent/childpage)
$config['use_hierarchy'] = true;

#If using none of the above options, what should we be using for the query string
#variable?  (ex. http://www.mysite.com/index.php?page=somecontent)
$config['query_var'] = 'page';
Help?
Ted
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Ted »

Put the whole meta tag into the metadata box in the admin, not just the content of it.  Then just {metadata} (the showbase is true by default in almost all cases) in your template and you should be set.
Greg
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Greg »

Elijah your patch seems to cause another problem
Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /hsphere/local/home/gregbloo/gregbloor.com/lib/classes/class.admintheme.inc.php on line 848
The message I get when trying to open a template

Also kills editing global content blocks
Last edited by Greg on Fri May 19, 2006 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Greg
lemkepf
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by lemkepf »

Ted wrote: Put the whole meta tag into the metadata box in the admin, not just the content of it.  Then just {metadata} (the showbase is true by default in almost all cases) in your template and you should be set.
Yea... that totally makes sense now...  ;D
miss_d_bus
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by miss_d_bus »

Greg - it doesnt seem to do that here and everything appears to be working properly (ignoring the ongoing CSS not loading issue I get) so its one of those pesky intermitant bugs  :(
Greg
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Greg »

Thanks Ted ... the patch of the patch restored all functionality.
Greg
Ryno

Post by Ryno »

I understand that the patch has been committed to svn and that the patch of the patch is available for download in this topic, but is a new version with the patch be released on the downloads page for everyone who may not read this topic? Apologies in advance if this has already been done.
Russ
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Russ »

Nice one Ted :) Getting better by the minute.

A quick question however. What happened to the optimistic locking. On my current version (still the beta 0.13b4) only the second of any two changes are saved. The user is not warned that they are using stale data. I vaguely remember seeing this in a patch somewhere, but wonder where it has gone?

I guess a simple timestamp field and a warning about data being previously changed, followed by a copy of the users changes to the clipboard, or at least a warning for them to do so, and a refresh of the new data ready for them to paste their changes?

Just a thought, I may need to use CMS in the near future as a sort of departmental Wiki and this would be cool. I think this would need to be implimented for content and news?

Russ
Ted
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Ted »

@Ryno: I'll release a 0.13.1 in a few days after a few more bugs are squashed.

@Russ: If there was a patch for this submitted, it was never committed into the code.  Does sound like a neat idea, though.
Russ
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Russ »

Gregor
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Gregor »

Isn't did something that can be managed by the dbms? (sorry, just know the theory and not how to solve in a practical way  ;D )
Ted
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Ted »

Wow, I didn't know that patch was there.  Whoops.  :)  I guess we can get it in the codebase, though I'm sure it'll be a little bit of arm twisting because it's probably out of date.
URAN

Post by URAN »

WOW! Finally menu bug of the "EllNav Horiz/Vert L 1col" template is solved :)
cwaz13

Post by cwaz13 »

Quick question... is the 0.13 download link on the main page the most up-to-date version, with these patches included? 

Is that all I need or doI have to upgrade and then download/apply patches discussed on the forums?  Just so I know the steps I need to take to have the most stable version possible (upgrading from 0.12.2).

Thanks! :)
Dr.CSS

Post by Dr.CSS »

What The  ??  :o
i just upgraded to latest stable and now after about 2 hours i'm missing pages and section haeders...
everything was fine then POOF!! gone... they still show up in the site map... well they did...
and my first page "Home" is now listed on Content » Pages as # 2...

Return to “Announcements”