0.13 Beta4 Released!

Project Announcements. This is read-only, as in... not for problems/bugs/feature request.
cyberman

Re: 0.13 Beta3 Released!

Post by cyberman »

Spikecity wrote: So in that context I was wondering what is out of sync here, the beta cycle or the board ;)
Please read right - there's a thread called 0.12.2.

There was a serious security risk which can compromise the complete system so a new version / beta was justified.
Ron@Spikecity

Post by Ron@Spikecity »

cyberman wrote:
Spikecity wrote: So in that context I was wondering what is out of sync here, the beta cycle or the board ;)
Please read right - there's a thread called 0.12.2.

There was a serious security risk which can compromise the complete system so a new version / beta was justified.
That's what I did my friend, and I expected a 0.13beta3 download announced in a 0.13beta3 thread so I was cought off guard by getting a 0.13beta4 without the accompanying thread ;)

I never discussed or questioned the 0.12 release :)

But Ted renamed the title to beta4 now so everything is in sync again and we discuss the same code for testing again.

Add of course I have read the security flaw announcement too :P
cyberman

Re: 0.13 Beta4 Released!

Post by cyberman »

Don't be so fussy  ;D ...
Russ
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Russ »

13.4 Beta Update
1. Piratos, piSearch has stopped working on my local machine. It never returns any results and stops the rest of the page from loading? It always worked for me before :-(

If I echo out the data (with a echo $textb;) I can see it is working and producing data, but it never gets to the return $result. I think it is getting stuck in the // while ($w) loop. This is a a fresh piSearch downloaded form the web 1.37a and standard template.

2. Ted - I've been having a play with the comments module. Can't seem to get it to write any comments to the database though from an ordinary page. Seems to work, but no comments are written, oddly enough it is updating the comments_seq table?

Both of you:
As perhaps some explanation, because of other project commitments, I've had to upgrade my Mac to PHP 5.1.4 and MySQL 5.0.21. I don't know wether this could be an issue, everything else seems to be working fine though?

Any ideas?

Russ
Ted
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Ted »

*shrug*

I'm not sure.  It's working fine for me wether it's in a template, page, or the news detail template.  I'm on php 5.1.2 and mysql 4.1.something on my Mac.  Too weird.
cyberman

Post by cyberman »

Russ wrote: 2. Ted - I've been having a play with the comments module. Can't seem to get it to write any comments to the database though from an ordinary page.
If I'm right new comments module has admin modus where you have to enable comments  ::) ...
Russ
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Russ »

Cyberman, can't seem to see any permissions for the Comments Module? I wonder if I'm using the latest one in svn, where in the svn is it?

As for the other piSearch problem and my upgrade to PHP 5+ / SQL 5+...
I thought I would experiment by downloading my active test web site ('Canary' 0.13-beta1) cms directory over my local one. piSearch works again - so unlikely to be either PHP or MySQL unless it is in the new beta of CMS?.... I'm going to be out most of today, but I will run an upgrade to to 13.4beta again to see if this makes any difference and the errors are corrected or can be reproduced.

Russ
kevin360

Post by kevin360 »

I've been having a problem when using the News module and the optional parameters detailtemplate and summarytemplate together.  I already started a thread about it:

http://forum.cmsmadesimple.org/index.ph ... 557.0.html
cyberman

Comments1.5b3

Post by cyberman »

Russ wrote: can't seem to see any permissions for the Comments Module?
Hmm, tried it but module woun't work with 0.13b3  :-\ ...
Dr.CSS

Post by Dr.CSS »

Elijah Lofgren wrote:
maksbud wrote: tracked it down already installed both, don't see much diff. with either, thought' Notes: 'Add a comment' link moved to the template.' ? know how? help button shows same thing, no changes there, clean install on Comments,,

mark
I don't think Ted updated the help file. But I did test it out and now it works to comment on news articles!  ;D
Here's how:
(22:14:47) Ted: And then toss something like {cms_module
module='comments' modulename='News' pageid=$entry->id moderate='1'} in
the bottom of your News detail template
sorry...
i've tried this every which way i can think of and then some, i can not get the latest 'Comments' to work, latest fresh install of CMSMS and comments module, no changes to default install content or templates total default install

mark
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Post by calguy1000 »

Hi Maksbut

I don't think ted changed the default templates

You'll need to add:  {cms_module module=Comments modulename=News pageid=$entry->id} into your news detail template
for things to work.

assuming your using 0.13B4 and the latest and greatest svn version of the comments module.
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.
Dr.CSS

Post by Dr.CSS »

?no '  or "  around  " ule=Comments modulename=News pa" ?

where do i get SVN and how to install?

mark
cyberman

Post by cyberman »

Please look here

http://dev.cmsmadesimple.org/scm/?group_id=23

and choose [Download The Nightly SVN Tree Snapshot] ...
Dr.CSS

Post by Dr.CSS »

yep found it, climbed the trunk and downloaded 21, works great WOO WOOt 1 little thing how to change the [More] in morelink into 'Comments' any ideas all my tries end with this string  --Add Me - module:Blog string:Comments--  tried to change every thing in the PHP that had to do with morelink....

mark
EDIT: it works Beautiful now  http://www.multiintech.com/index.php?page=blogger  ;D  oh happy day!
Last edited by Anonymous on Sat May 13, 2006 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Russ
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Russ »

OK, finally got the chance to re-install MySQL and PHP and then a new ugrade to 0.13 Beta4. I'm glad to say that piSearch is back up and running - phew ;-). Guess it must have been a broken PHP compile on my behalf - sorry Piratos.

However, I'm still having the same problems with the new Comments Module, which seems to be upating the sequence number but not the actual comments record. Could someone zip me up a 'working' copy of their comments module along with the code they call it with, I just want to check it is not me again.

Russ

Return to “Announcements”