Job Posting: Documentation Manager

Project Announcements. This is read-only, as in... not for problems/bugs/feature request.
Ted
Power Poster
Power Poster

Job Posting: Documentation Manager

Post by Ted »

Well, the documentation project is in sad shape at this point.  As we're getting bigger, it's starting to become more and more of a hurdle.  And let's be realistic, there is no possible way I could sit down and write all the documentation (and maintain it!) along with the other managerial things that go on with this project.

So, I'm looking for someone who can dedicate some time to getting the documentation project rolling.  I think I want to move a large chunk of content to a wiki, so that the community at large can have a hand in working on it.

Right now I'm looking at Mediawiki 1.6, since it has registration and basic permissions, and can do different languages pretty easy by using url tricks.

I'm looking for someone that can help setup a wiki in a structured manner, particuarly for the handbook, which needs to support multiple languages.  They should be able to slowly remove content from the CMSMS site proper and move it to the wiki.  They must not be afraid to bug the developers for holes or things that they don't quite understand.  They should have at least a decent understanding of the program and it's options, etc.  Perferrably someone we already know from the forums or irc, but that's not a requirement.

If you're interested and think you can fill the bill, please let me know.  I'm very anxious to get this project going.

Thanks!
Ted
Dr.CSS

Re: Job Posting: Documentation Manager

Post by Dr.CSS »

have you looked at the 'edit' part? looks kinda diff. to me, i like the way CMSMS editing works. it looks like you have to call out styles instead of typing then hilite and format... but it would be nice to consolidate all the docs. in one place. i thought the documentation was handled all ready, i've seen a few diff. places here that have it. what's wrong with the 'doc.' button up top here, just needs to be filled out more.

mark
Ted
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Ted »

The problem with the current wiki is that I have to setup the users manually, along with the language selections.  I want to transfer it to something more flexible...  possibly working off of the user/passwords in the forum or forge and being pretty simple to add a new language.

I worked a little bit on this myself last night, but it's just a lot of distracting work.
lemkepf
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by lemkepf »

I'm willing to "add and modify" a wiki as i see fit. But i'm no documentation manager. I'd say open up the documentation to the community and see how far it get's...

Example of a great wiki of documentation:
http://codex.gallery2.org/index.php/Main_Page
Ted
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Ted »

That's a nice one...  and mediawiki also.

I'm just looking for someone that can help me get organized at this stage.  I'm hoping that after it's all structured and makes sense, then the community at large will go to town.

Return to “Announcements”