Announcing CMS Made Simple 1.6.5 - Poya

Project Announcements. This is read-only, as in... not for problems/bugs/feature request.
mcDavid
Power Poster
Power Poster

Re: Announcing CMS Made Simple 1.6.5 - Poya

Post by mcDavid »

calguy1000 wrote: Just tested on two stock 1.6.5 production site(s)....  no problems.
Reproducing seems to be quite hard. I made a clean 1.6.5 install on another server, and had no problems with the frontenduser login form.
I also had no problems with a mail-form from the FormBuilder module, on the website that did have problems with some FEU forms.
Pierre M.

Post by Pierre M. »

Signex wrote: Mod Security
If you need more info just let me know
May be the http error logs shows some output of mod_security preventing CMSms or FEU to work ?

Pierre M.
[DrAg]

Post by [DrAg] »

:( I did update a other 1.6.4 website to 1.6.5 using the diff package, my form's + NMS (newsletter made simple) form's don't function.
After post the form page reapers. I'm still looking what is causing the problems.
Signex

Post by Signex »

Pierre M. wrote:
Signex wrote: Mod Security
If you need more info just let me know
May be the http error logs shows some output of mod_security preventing CMSms or FEU to work ?

Pierre M.
I've checked the Mod Security Logs, its not blocking anything.
JeremyBASS

Post by JeremyBASS »

[DrAg] wrote: :( I did update a other 1.6.4 website to 1.6.5 using the diff package, my form's + NMS (newsletter made simple) form's don't function.
After post the form page reapers. I'm still looking what is causing the problems.
For what it's worth I just did an upgrade from 1.5.3 to 1.6.5 on a site right before I did a email newsletter blast... NMS worked normal, all 1650 email made it out... also I tested the formbuilder.. all seemed well there too... Hope that helps

Cheers
Jeremy
mcDavid
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by mcDavid »

The problem with the forms is probably the result of a rewrite_rule that adds a trailing slash to the URL.

I wonder why this did work in older versions, but not in 1.6.5. For me it doesn't matter, but other users might want to continue using the rewrite rule as well as having working forms.
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Post by calguy1000 »

See my replies starting here:

http://forum.cmsmadesimple.org/index.php/topic,37175.msg176170.html#msg176170

The problem is solvable with a simple .htaccess modification.
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.
[DrAg]

Post by [DrAg] »

:D calguy1000 thanks, this solves the problem for my!

Maybe it's more easy to not having all .htaccess files modified but to alter the CMSMS code to make this problem disappear..
Rolf
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by Rolf »

calguy1000 wrote: See my replies starting here:

http://forum.cmsmadesimple.org/index.php/topic,37175.msg176170.html#msg176170

The problem is solvable with a simple .htaccess modification.
Shouldn't this kind of information be a reason to send a new CMS Made Simple Newsletter around?
It saves a lot of forum posts, if they are subscribed anyway...  ;)
Tell people there might be a problem on their website and give at the same time a solution.  :)

Grtz. Rolf
- + - + - + - + - + - + -
LATEST TUTORIAL AT CMS CAN BE SIMPLE:
Migrating Company Directory module to LISE
- + - + - + - + - + - + -
tinhat
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by tinhat »

EDIT: SOLVED - disregard. The problem was entirely due to my error.
Last edited by tinhat on Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
tinhat
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by tinhat »

Let's see what else is broken - print module is broken. Maybe it's me - maybe I made a boo boo somwhere with the dif files - but this is a disaster. I'm going to have to do a fresh install of 1.6.3

I hate to bitch about open source software, especially as I know how hard the developers work for no beer, but something seems to have gone wrong with the testing and the release cycles - the fact that there have been so many releases recently and within such a short time frame is worrying.

EDIT: It appears that both my problem with menumanager were due to my errors. Latest printing module isn't working for pdf generation. I have downgraded to the printing module included with 1.6.3.
Last edited by tinhat on Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
JeremyBASS

Post by JeremyBASS »

tinhat wrote: Let's see what else is broken - print module is broken. Maybe it's me - maybe I made a boo boo somwhere with the dif files - but this is a disaster. I'm going to have to do a fresh install of 1.6.3

I hate to bitch about open source software, especially as I know how hard the developers work for no beer, but something seems to have gone wrong with the testing and the release cycles - the fact that there have been so many releases recently and within such a short time frame is worrying.
Hmm... well for what it's worth I have had no issues that I have seen... print seemed to work... But thou I do agree that new changes should require a beta period... I thought these last few were security fixes so no beta, yes?
Stringfellow
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by Stringfellow »

I like CMSMS, but really, 2576 files in latest release. Instead of adding more and more features, you should really work towards a more "sleak" future...
Pierre M.

Post by Pierre M. »

Hello all,
mcDavid wrote: The problem with the forms is probably the result of a rewrite_rule that adds a trailing slash to the URL.
he he, the ugly trailing slash has eaten kitten again :-)

Pierre M.
mrmut
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by mrmut »

It works, thank you.

RonnyK wrote: The fix for the dissappearing start_level=2 is made in SVN, for those that experience the issue, you can modify the file

modules\MenuManager\action.default.php

where on line 89, the following must be replaced:
if( !$curcontent )  {
with:
if( $curcontent )  {
Ronny

Return to “Announcements”