CMS Made Simple 2.0 (not 1.7) is in development

Project Announcements. This is read-only, as in... not for problems/bugs/feature request.
farhadprm
Forum Members
Forum Members

Re: CMS Made Simple 1.7 is in development

Post by farhadprm »

Very nice work.
In the new version, could you also incorporate the long-awaited multi-lingual support (in official release)?

Thanks
NashBridges
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by NashBridges »

hi there
please add multilingual support. i know you've decided not to do that, cause for 90% of the users the system will become more difficult wihtout any use, but i think this should be a standard feature of a modern cms. i want to suggest you a possible solution for this dilemma, why not design a single-lingual version and besides that a multi-lingual one? so everyone should be satisfied... or you can solve this problem by a multilang-module for example?
greets
christian
Pierre M.

Post by Pierre M. »

Hello,
NashBridges wrote: i want to suggest you a possible solution for this dilemma, why not design a single-lingual version and besides that a multi-lingual one?
Do you mean CMSms 1.x and CMSms 2.x ? It has been existing for ...years ? Do you like this "solution" ?

Pierre M.
ironblaze94

Post by ironblaze94 »

Where can i join the testers list?
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Post by calguy1000 »

ironblaze94 wrote: Where can i join the testers list?
A call for beta testers will go out when we're close to ready for a beta... we aren't yet.
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Post by calguy1000 »

Yesterday, I completely removed xajax from the CMSMS 1.7 core.  it was one of the big things (infact it was THE big thing) that caused problems with PHP 5.3 compatibility.

The xajax stuff (used for the funky hilighting and re-ordering stuff in listcontent, and for the preview stuff in editcontent/addcontent) has been replaced with some funky classes written by Ted that use jquery to do the same thing.

This means, that YES...  CMSMS will come with Jquery... maybe we'll change some of the default templates in 1.7 to show off the jquery support.
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.
Ted
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Ted »

calguy1000 wrote: This means, that YES...  CMSMS will come with Jquery... maybe we'll change some of the default templates in 1.7 to show off the jquery support.
*does a happy dance*

Sure, I may not have a clue how to recreate the drag/drop reordering thing yet using jquery, but we'll think of something.  Hopefully without the 2nd screen.

Oh, and one more little thing.  The ORM is getting pulled in as well.  I'm not rewriting everything to use it, but it will get used for a few key things, most notably content/pages.
Last edited by Ted on Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
blast2007
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by blast2007 »

...talking about ajax and jquery...;)

Could this FRbe included in 1.7?

It's very useful for fast pages finding without using "CTRL-F" in browser.

But it's only a suggestion, assign priority to most important stuff. This is only an aesthetic FR.

regards
blast
RonnyK
Support Guru
Support Guru

Post by RonnyK »

Ted wrote: *does a happy dance*
We will see the video appear somewhere on the web.....  :D

Ronny
Andiministrator

Post by Andiministrator »

I really support the feature request of blast2007 (search field on the pages backend), in fact it is the first point of my customers wishing list.
Jos
Support Guru
Support Guru

Post by Jos »

calguy1000 wrote: The xajax stuff (used for the funky hilighting and re-ordering stuff in listcontent, and for the preview stuff in editcontent/addcontent) has been replaced with some funky classes written by Ted that use jquery to do the same thing.
Will these classes become available for moduledevelopers also?
SimonSchaufi

Post by SimonSchaufi »

far in the future it would be nice to load the tabs via ajax. that reduces load at the first tab since the whole page with all tabs is loaded atm in admin area.

if this is a common request, i'll make a feature request in the forge
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Post by calguy1000 »

@Jos:
Yes.... the files will just be in the lib directory... you'll be able to use them as much as you want.

@SimonSchaufi
This would be a complete rewrite of alot of code... so it's definitely 'out of scope' for 1.7....
Follow me on twitter
--------------------
SimonSchaufi

Post by SimonSchaufi »

calguy1000 wrote: @Jos:
Yes.... the files will just be in the lib directory... you'll be able to use them as much as you want.
i think he means if the javascript files will already be included in the header in the file moduleinterface.php so no need for self including the files.
calguy1000 wrote: @SimonSchaufi
This would be a complete rewrite of alot of code... so it's definitely 'out of scope' for 1.7....
of course :D
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Post by calguy1000 »

i think he means if the javascript files will already be included in the header in the file moduleinterface.php so no need for self including the files.
No, the javascript calls will not AUTOMATICALLY be included in every frontend page.  There'll be a fair bit of stuff in there, so most people wouldn't want ALL that javascript included automatically.  So you'll either have to include it manually with the appropriate tags, or we may provide some funky smarty tag method for including things... we haven't thought that far yet.
Follow me on twitter
--------------------

Return to “Announcements”