CMSMS 1.6-beta1 testing begins!!

Project Announcements. This is read-only, as in... not for problems/bugs/feature request.
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

CMSMS 1.6-beta1 testing begins!!

Post by calguy1000 »

You heard correctly.  After some extensive collaboration by numerous people we've managed to get the beta release out to our beta testing group a full 2 days ahead of schedule.

So far, this release is looking good.  There's alot of new functionality, alot of long-standing wishlist items added, bugs fixed, new content, and new themes.  I think that this release, if given thorough testing, stands to be the best yet.

Any body that is qualified see here can still contact us to become a beta tester.  Please do.

I'll keep everybody posted on the progress of the beta.
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.
dont

Re: CMSMS 1.6-beta1 testing begins!!

Post by dont »

Because I was not accepted to be beta tester,

I was wondering when the public beta will be available?
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Status of the beta

Post by calguy1000 »

I just thought I'd drop everybody a quick note and let them know how the beta process is progressing.

We've had lots of input by people recently, and have fixed numerous issues that were found with the beta.  We've also made dramatic changes between beta1 and beta2 to minimize SQL queries, and improve performance.  Smarty has also been updated (twice) to the newest version. 

Now we're at beta3, and I think still on track for final release in the middle of June.  We are down to the point now where we are making almost no commits to the code, and whatever we do commit has to be dramatically important.

I have to take this time to thank all of the beta testers for their effort, and ask you to kick in one more time to make sure that everything you found (excluding maybe the trivial problems) is fixed and working properly.

Thanks for your help guys and keep up the good work.
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.

Return to “Announcements”