Announcing CMS Made Simple 1.5.2

Project Announcements. This is read-only, as in... not for problems/bugs/feature request.
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Announcing CMS Made Simple 1.5.2

Post by calguy1000 »

CMS Made Simple is now available for download.  This is just a bugfix release, with little in the way of enhancements.... but a large number of bugs have been fixed.... Some of them were in the forge... some of them we found on our own or were reported by valued members. 

The only real new feature in 1.5.2 is the {page_image} plugin which makes it simple to use the image and thumbnail content attributes.

Many thanks to the development team for their hundreds of hours of testing and debugging, without them, this package would be nowhere near as stable and feature rich as it is.

Diff packages are available for convenience in upgrading from 1.5.1 to 1.5.2
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.
JeremyBASS

Re: Announcing CMS Made Simple 1.5.2

Post by JeremyBASS »

Hello, when I upgraded CMSMS1.5.1 too 1.5.2 a few changes happened to the pages  hierarchy.

there must have been somethingodd in the ordering of the pages before... still I know how to fix it form before too... So I didn't pay much mind when in 1.5.1 and in doing so I may have forgot if this site I had to do the same trick as I figured out here before on what to do

now thou after upgrading I don't have the double click issues... and few pages in the newly upgraded site had there hierarchy ordering icons changed to represent what they where not... Image

Now after I ordered them around... there was one I could not put back in place (6.14) as far as the reorder icons go at least...

Now I went to cheack the DB like I did in thepost above... nothing looks off... tried the add a page order and delete trick I was doing before.. but nothing... 

so this is what it looks like in the DB...
106 November content 1 57 16 13 00006.00013 0 November November 1 NULL html 1 0 57.106 Calendar/November content_en,target,pagedata,extra1,extra2,extra3,im... <!-- Add code here that should appear in the metad...       1 2008-12-16 21:55:05 2009-01-18 15:10:28
107 December content 1 57 16 14 00006.00014 0 December December 1 NULL html 1 0 57.107 Calendar/December content_en,target,pagedata,extra1,extra2,extra3,im... <!-- Add code here that should appear in the metad...       1 2008-12-16 21:55:22 2009-01-18 15:10:51
any ideas on what is off would be helpful...

I'm not saying it's a bug... but it is at the least a warning for upgrading that you may have to look at the hierarchy after the upgrade from <1.5.2 to 1.5.2... everything else looks good... No other "bugs" or oddities yet for me... cheers on the good work..

jeremyBass
Last edited by JeremyBASS on Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SimonSchaufi

Post by SimonSchaufi »

to fix that. move 6.7 (in the pic below) and below one level up until the end. that should solve the problem! 6.6 is missing ;)
JeremyBASS

Post by JeremyBASS »

totaly missed that I didn't get 6.6 in there... lol... thanks I was over looking that...

cheers
jeremyBass
duclet
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by duclet »

I had run into a similar problem like this before but instead of manually fixing them, I just clicked on Re-order Pages and then click submit to have the CMSMS auto re-order the list.
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Post by calguy1000 »

yeah, we didn't do anything to re-organize pages on upgrade
we just simply (hopefully) solved this problem from occurring again.
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.
JeremyBASS

Post by JeremyBASS »

calguy1000 wrote: yeah, we didn't do anything to re-organize pages on upgrade
we just simply (hopefully) solved this problem from occurring again.
I couldn't reproduce it like I could be for.. the time it takes to do the reorder is much longer it seems ... but I can't make it happen again... I'd say it's dealt with :D

cheers
SimonSchaufi

Post by SimonSchaufi »

i had the same problem but i know why: there was a content type news before which does not exist any more. the page was not visible at all any more after upgrade so i created a new page with the news inside and deleted the old page and its preferences by hand in the database.

by the way, this was not an upgrade from 1.5.x, it was from 1.0.8 :)

there was another problem with the config: in one upgrade process there must have been a change with the root_url. just modified the config. that was the only things i have experienced.
Last edited by SimonSchaufi on Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Announcements”