Announcing CMS Made Simple 1.5-beta1

Project Announcements. This is read-only, as in... not for problems/bugs/feature request.
Pierre M.

Re: Announcing CMS Made Simple 1.5-beta1

Post by Pierre M. »

Hi again Alby,
alby wrote:
Pierre M. wrote: 1°)Same problem as above for step 2. Problem with magic quotes ON ?
but have you on this? Because this is an recommended and not required
PHP info() :
magic_quotes_gpc On On
magic_quotes_runtime Off Off
magic_quotes_sybase Off Off
The installer seems to work OK. And 1.4.1 and 1.5beta1 seem also OK with these settings.
Do you want I try other tests with other settings ?
See above : all the tests are green except some little yellow BUT the installer tells me "one or more tests have failed...". But nothing seems to have failed.. ?? And everything seems to work.
alby wrote:
Pierre M. wrote: 3°)Step 7 : new error :
correct, I forgot this
I'm not sure I have that time for this beta testing but when this is committed in SVN annonce it so I can check the issue is gone.

Pierre M.
alby

Post by alby »

Pierre M. wrote: Step 6 : bug ?
Everything is OK except ALL index creations. My PostgreSQL 8.3 server is standard Debian.
In PostgreSQL 8.3.5 windows is all ok:
2008-11-10 13:00:37 CET LOG:  duration: 110.000 ms  statement: CREATE INDEX index_content_by_content_alias_active ON cms_content (content_alias, active)
2008-11-10 13:00:37 CET LOG:  duration: 139.999 ms  statement: CREATE INDEX index_content_by_default_content ON cms_content (default_content)
2008-11-10 13:00:37 CET LOG:  duration: 31.000 ms  statement: CREATE INDEX index_content_by_parent_id ON cms_content (parent_id)
Alby
moorezilla

Post by moorezilla »

Ran an upgrade test of 1.41 to 1.5beta1 and just ran into a few weird issues.

1. When logging into admin area, it requires the username and password twice. It prompts for a username and password, then when submitted it prompts a second time, and then it works on the second submit of the same username and password.

2. The custom 404 page doesn't work for me. It returns a regular apache 404 instead, even though custom 404 is checked off in the global area.

3. Not an error, but the initial checks seemed to take a long time to run. This isn't an issue on my machine, but it might be for people who have shorter php timeouts.

My test platform is:

ubuntu 8.10
php 5.2.6
mysql 5.x
apache 2.x

Everything else seems to be working fine so far. The database updated fine and the new message area in the admin area seem to work fine.
alby

Post by alby »

moorezilla wrote: 2. The custom 404 page doesn't work for me. It returns a regular apache 404 instead, even though custom 404 is checked off in the global area.
Which svn version?
should be ok from last night

moorezilla wrote: 3. Not an error, but the initial checks seemed to take a long time to run. This isn't an issue on my machine, but it might be for people who have shorter php timeouts.
Yes, there are many checks but all importants for correct works

Alby
ZYV
Language Partners
Language Partners

Post by ZYV »

Ok, decided to post it here because of the uncertainty in the fate of the new/old tracker. Basically we (Sonya & von-hamster) came up with a small SEO patch we'd like to see committed before CMSMS goes gold. The patch is posted in the pastebin: http://cmsmadesimple.org/pastebin/2252 ...

The thing is that CMSMS is not really SEO-friendly ATM because it accepts all kind of weird URLs pointing to the same page (site/?page=test, site/index.php?page=test, site/test, site/test.html, site/test1/test etc.). This leads to the tons of duplicate pages indexed by Google and friends which is not good because it used to ban or lower PR for people making sites with a lot of duplicate content, but also increases the site load while crawling.

The patch checks whether the calling URL corresponds to the currently selected naming scheme and if it does not issues a 301/Move so that duplicate pages are going to be glued together during the next crawl. It's small enough and works for us, but please check it carefully.
unsigned double ZYV;
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Post by calguy1000 »

unfortunately, this patch probably won't be applied.  simply because its too late in the process.
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.
ZYV
Language Partners
Language Partners

Post by ZYV »

Well, if it's too late, it's too late. But I hope that at least it will be considered for inclusion post 1.5, because it might be somehow important for content-rich websites. We've also found some possible module caching issues, so we'd like to know whether module results caching is turned off on purpose?
unsigned double ZYV;
cb2004
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by cb2004 »

TinyMCE 3.2.1 has been released. Would it be possible to get that into the Tiny module before release?
alby

Post by alby »

ZYV wrote: Ok, decided to post it here because of the uncertainty in the fate of the new/old tracker. Basically we (Sonya & von-hamster) came up with a small SEO patch we'd like to see committed before CMSMS goes gold. The patch is posted in the pastebin: http://cmsmadesimple.org/pastebin/2252 ...
Patch cannot working (for example if cmsms is in subdir). I have not tested with other modules yet.
I agree with calguy1000 of not include in 1.5 for more testing, however it's interesting

Alby
ZYV
Language Partners
Language Partners

Post by ZYV »

How come it would not work if it's installed in a subdir (I have not tested this, just wondering!). Shall we open a separate thread on how this idea could be implemented properly?
unsigned double ZYV;
alby

Post by alby »

ZYV wrote: How come it would not work if it's installed in a subdir (I have not tested this, just wondering!). Shall we open a separate thread on how this idea could be implemented properly?
Yes is better so as to leave room for any bugs in 1.5.

However:
$config['root_url'] has subdir
$_SERVER['REQUEST_URI']  has subdir
= double subdir

maybe (untested for modules) a patch vs CURRENT SVN is:

Code: Select all

--- index.php	Thu Nov 13 13:15:36 2008
+++ index.php.new	Thu Nov 13 13:24:12 2008
@@ -219,7 +219,21 @@
 		if(is_object($node))
 		{
 			$contentobj =& $node->GetContent();
+			if(is_object($contentobj))
+			{
+				$root_url = 'http://'.$_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'].$_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'];
+				if(isset($_SERVER['HTTPS']) && strtolower($_SERVER['HTTPS'])=='on')
+				{
+					$root_url = str_replace('http','https',$root_url);
+				}
+				if(!isset($params['mact']) && $root_url != $contentobj->GetURL())
+				{      
+					header ("Location: ".$contentobj->GetURL());
+					header ("HTTP/1.0 301 Moved Permanently");
+					exit;
+				}
 			$smarty->assign('content_obj',$contentobj);
+			}
 		}
 	}
Pierre M.

Post by Pierre M. »

Hello,

I took time to rerun some tests and I have good news.

Same setup (see above messages), svn 5268 (I think)

No more magic quote warning : Magic quotes in runtime You have Off.

All green except 3 yellows :
-Checking PHP time limit in second. You have 30.
-Checking max post size. You have 8M.
-Checking max upload file size. You have 2M.

I see a RED warning at the bottom :
"One or more tests have failed or are in warning. You can still install the system but some functions may not work correctly.
Please try to correct the situation and click "Try Again", or click the "Continue" button if are recommended only." (sic)

I'd rather this RED were YELLOW. Unless PHP time limit is RED itself.

Step 6 : no more index problem :-)
I had carefully emptied the db before this new test.
Only harmless DROP inexistant tables.

End of install without problem.

May be still "double login" again or I mistype to log in the admin.

Pierre M.
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Post by calguy1000 »

Everybody Please Check Translations!!!

I fixed the double login problem today, and as far as I can tell all reported issues are resolved.   This is good news.

Thanks for the help people.

I'll try to plan for the release for a week from now.... things sound stable.
Last edited by calguy1000 on Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.
kwurzel

Post by kwurzel »

When running a fresh install and doing a checksum test, the installers shows many messages saying "This resource is a directory!", and thus the result is "Checksum match with errors."
alby

Post by alby »

kwurzel wrote: When running a fresh install and doing a checksum test, the installers shows many messages saying "This resource is a directory!", and thus the result is "Checksum match with errors."
You must use the correct checksum file.
For testing, AFTER install, go in Admin and create new checksum in System Verification. Now you can "test" this in installer

When 1.5 come out, in download page, you have a good checksum.dat file

Alby

Return to “Announcements”