Announcing CMS Made Simple 1.5-beta1

Project Announcements. This is read-only, as in... not for problems/bugs/feature request.
kwurzel

Re: Announcing CMS Made Simple 1.5-beta1

Post by kwurzel »

I don't know if it's 1.5 related, but it's troublesome: Importing a theme via ThemeManager changes the original name "foobar" to "theme : foobar". Renaming isn't a big problem, but all related stylesheets change names, to. And renaming 5+ stylesheets shouldn't be necessary, should it?
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Post by calguy1000 »

Okay, so I'm planning CMS Made Simple 1.5 for about the middle of next week.

I (AFAIK) have only one issue left to address.  That is the stylesheet.php issue that causes some versions of php to crash.  it's not new to 1.5 so, I will try to address it.

We are now not fixing anything, or making any changes that are not absolutely critical.  As well, all commits have to be verified by me or Ted.  We want 1.5 to be stable and reliable so that we can focus on 2.0 development.

So much of the module work I've done would've been much easier with 2.0... so lets focus on testing, and getting 1.5 as stable as it can possibly be.
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.
Pierre M.

Post by Pierre M. »

calguy1000 wrote: We want 1.5 to be stable and reliable so that we can focus on 2.0 development.
Yeah ! :-)
skrag
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by skrag »

moorezilla wrote: Ran an upgrade test of 1.41 to 1.5beta1 and just ran into a few weird issues.

1. When logging into admin area, it requires the username and password twice. It prompts for a username and password, then when submitted it prompts a second time, and then it works on the second submit of the same username and password.

Everything else seems to be working fine so far. The database updated fine and the new message area in the admin area seem to work fine.
I have been experiencing the same thing on my install of 1.5beta1.  I may have missed any reference to this being addressed in the upcoming stable release of 1.5 but just wanted to confirm that it exists on another install as well.  More annoying than anything, but could cause users to give their support folks headaches about it! ;-)

xampp 1.6x install on Windows 2003 server
skrag
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by skrag »

I apologize.  The second I hit the Post button I saw the response to the double login problem being addressed. DOH!  ::)
JeremyBASS

Post by JeremyBASS »

reading through this it looks like 1.5 is close?  any idea?  I have two sites to do in this week.. are they going to be 1.5? hehe :D

or

If I Start with the beta I'd just have to change the files as ??there will be no db difference...??

Thanks for the help...
Jeremy
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Post by calguy1000 »

Either today, or tomorrow (hopefully).
We have to rewrite a few scripts, and do some forge development so that creating releases is simpler.  this is because we replaced the forge with our own.
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.
JeremyBASS

Post by JeremyBASS »

so would it be safe to say that I could use the beta for now?  thanks Calguy.. great work
tonyroberts09

Post by tonyroberts09 »

It's important write the version of installed module (in this case Uploads, Calendar, etc...)
Only in this way we can reproduce the problem

Return to “Announcements”