Server maintenance at 14.00 UTC

Project Announcements. This is read-only, as in... not for problems/bugs/feature request.
Ted
Power Poster
Power Poster

Server maintenance at 14.00 UTC

Post by Ted »

Hey all,

It's a little last minute, but the server will be down for some maintainence.  We're trying to narrow down why our server is crashing regularly.  For the moment, we'll be replacing the RAM and doing a full fs check.  Outage time is unknown at the moment.  I'm guessing it will be 1-2 hours, unless we find a bigger problem, in which it could take longer.

Thanks so much for your patience!
cyberman

Re: Server maintenance at 14.00 UTC

Post by cyberman »

wishy wrote: It's a little last minute, but the server will be down for some maintainence.  We're trying to narrow down why our server is crashing regularly.
I saw it - every day (don't know, but often last time) at the same time ???
Ted
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Ted »

Yeah.  It was during the morning cron jobs.  So I turned off most of them and then it crashed in the middle of the night.  It seems to be related to stressing the system, but I'm not sure if it's drive or memory related.

Very frustrating.
Ted
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Ted »

Something must've happened.  14.00 has come and gone.  :)

Anyway, expect it sometime today.
Ted
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Ted »

Well, they didn't find any problems with the RAM or the drive.  However, they did move use to a different server (with the same drive) just in case it's any other hardware that's causing the problem.  Hopefully we'll see an improvement.

Thanks for your patience!

Return to “Announcements”