Call for Volunteers - Documentation

Project Announcements. This is read-only, as in... not for problems/bugs/feature request.
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Call for Volunteers - Documentation

Post by calguy1000 »

Here we are again, asking for volunteers to take up the challenge to help with the CMS documentation.

We always seem to have a problem getting people to help in this area, and yet people complain that there isn't enough documentation for CMS Made Simple.

So here is your chance to put your time in to the project, and to contribute.

If you have experience writing documentation, have experience with CMS Made Simple, and have some time that you could donate, we could use your help.  Who knows, your docs may assist you with your future CMS projects, or answer questions you have had for a long time.

We're pretty open on format for the documentation, and there are alot of things that could be documented, so choosing a subject is simple.  Heck, if you're willing to write an article or a howto or a tutorial, we're up for that too.  and pretty much willing to discuss anything, we just need people to step up to the task and say 'I'll Help'.

If you are willing to help please either respond here, or to Ted or myself via email (though he's on vacation this week)... or try to get ahold of us in the IRC channel.
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.
dont

Re: Call for Volunteers - Documentation

Post by dont »

Is this a multilanguage job? Then maybe I can do the dutch part.
Pierre M.

Post by Pierre M. »

Yes, translations are documentation work. By themselves and by the fact that sometimes they push content "upstream" (to the original documentation). You are welcome.

Pierre M.
DaveW
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by DaveW »

Ok.  I would like to take a shot at helping again with the documentation.  I have some ideas.  I was part of the last team that never got started it appears.  Sorry for dropping the ball.

Anyway, I have about half dozen CMSMS sites up and am pretty familiar with it.  Certainly not an expert.

What are some hot subjects to start with?
Where do we host the documentation? 
Still have docs.cmsms.org?
Which formats would be suggested?  (wiki, cmsms site, other?)  Still want to go with cmsms.org site as before?

Maybe we need to solicit some goals and objectives of the documentation to keep a certain focus during development.

Comments please.  Thank you.

David W.
DavidAtDCU _at_ gmail.com (email/google talk)
twen88
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by twen88 »

I am not a writer and programmer, but am a designer with some 6 CMSMS sites experice. I'd love to help out if needed.

Please let me know and email me at: twen88@yahoo.com

Return to “Announcements”