Announcing CMS Made Simple v1.4 "Jamaica"

Project Announcements. This is read-only, as in... not for problems/bugs/feature request.
viebig

Re: Announcing CMS Made Simple v1.4 "Jamaica"

Post by viebig »

I know that this topic can be moved, but I have two simple and basic module suggestion for nexts releases

1. Tag Manager - to skip the proccess of downloading from forge and uploading to plugins folder

2. Remove all things that can cause duplicated URL´s which are horrible to Accessibility Standards and SEO.

A template with news module, like the default installation template, will generate the (number of news * number of pages - 1) duplicated pages with the differents URLs and same content. I think it´s a really important issue.
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Post by calguy1000 »

The news module won't generate those duplicate URLS if you use the "detailpage" parameter on the tag, which IIRC the default content does.

The reason this flexibility is there is so that it is possible to display different articles in different ways on different pages.

On my website, I created a news page, and in it's content area I put {news}.....
in the page template, where it calls news for the sidebar, I use {news detailpage='news' number='3'}

Now everything has the same URLS.... and I have a page to view more than the latest two or three news articles.
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.
drsceifers
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by drsceifers »

Will there be a .zip version? If not does anyone know of a program for windows that will unzip & untar the files?

Thanks
baresi
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by baresi »

I believe there won't be a zipped version
For tar files you can try 7-zip http://www.7-zip.org/
jmcgin51
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by jmcgin51 »

tugzip also works well.

www.tugzip.com
Dr.CSS

Post by Dr.CSS »

This is a redundant subject, has been covered in other threads numerous times, please to do a search first...
RonnyK
Support Guru
Support Guru

Post by RonnyK »

cb2004 wrote: The forge really should be updated with the latest modules. Module Manager is still showing FileManager 0.3.0b1. Is this not a version with the securiy risk still there?
cb2004,

the MM shows, as the message above the module shows, only the latest available XML. So when later versions arent released, or arent released as an XML they wont show.... Core will take what is available in SVN on moment of cutting the release, so latest FM will be in, but MM wont show that as it only shows latest released versions, holding the XML....

Ronny
cb2004
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by cb2004 »

Do you not think Security Exploit free modules should be in the Module Manager? What about the people who have heavily modified there installs and just update using the Module Manager. To me this still makes CMSMS vulnerable having these modules available in this way.
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Post by calguy1000 »

version 1.4.1 is eminent, as soon as some people catch up on the last few new strings to be translated.
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.
Marcel
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by Marcel »

Woow what a work you guys put in this project..GREAT!!
viebig

Post by viebig »

calguy1000 wrote: The news module won't generate those duplicate URLS if you use the "detailpage" parameter on the tag, which IIRC the default content does.

The reason this flexibility is there is so that it is possible to display different articles in different ways on different pages.

On my website, I created a news page, and in it's content area I put {news}.....
in the page template, where it calls news for the sidebar, I use {news detailpage='news' number='3'}

Now everything has the same URLS.... and I have a page to view more than the latest two or three news articles.
I agree calguy, but that way you are allowing malicious users to force search engines to duplicate the index of a news article. For example, if you set detailpage and the Id of the page is 13, I just have to create a link on this forum or webpage with a valid page id of your cmsms like /news/1/22/xxx or /news/1/57/xxx , this id just need to exist. So, this workaround provide the ability to other users screw with a cmsms site, duplicating url´s.

Return to “Announcements”