Announcing CMS Made Simple 1.4-beta2

Project Announcements. This is read-only, as in... not for problems/bugs/feature request.
Silmarillion
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Re: Announcing CMS Made Simple 1.4-beta2

Post by Silmarillion »

Hi mikeim
mikeim wrote: - An editor can upload a file via the File Manager but is NOT able to delete files and CANNOT create a new directory. I realize this is because you must allow "Advanced usage of the the File Manager module" but can we give them a simple js browser message saying so to avoid confusion
An editor has the "Modify files" permission and therefore should be allowed to both upload files and delete, copy etc. but only within the uploads dir. The advanced mode gives access to the whole filesystem, not just uploads.
But as you say the version in beta2 did not allow editors to modify files, and that has been fixed in svn now. I'm very sorry I did not see this before. Should've been fixed in earlier beta for proper checking.

Cheers
morten
Ziggywigged
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Ziggywigged »

No worries Silmarillion, that's what the beta is for, right.  ;D
Take a penny, leave a penny.
cb2004
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by cb2004 »

All seems good to me.

A few points:

admin/lang/ still contains a serbian language file in the base file. This folder also contains an addline.bat file. What is this for?

The robots.txt needs updating.

I also feel an up to date .htaccess file should be released with the new version.

Also what is the stylesheet.css file used for in the top level folder. This does not seem to be used for anything.

Good work as always CG and everybody else.
cb2004
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by cb2004 »

Fresh install (base pack):

index.html appears in the language options.

Clicking try again goes back to the language selection and does not reload ?sessiontest=1
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Post by calguy1000 »

cb2004 wrote: All seems good to me.

A few points:

admin/lang/ still contains a serbian language file in the base file. This folder also contains an addline.bat file. What is this for?

The robots.txt needs updating.

I also feel an up to date .htaccess file should be released with the new version.

Also what is the stylesheet.css file used for in the top level folder. This does not seem to be used for anything.

Good work as always CG and everybody else.
I've tweaked the langpack creation a bit to remove more files from the TinyMCE directory on the base install.

There are still a few extra files laying around in admin/lang and in TinyMCE because we don't have translations for those languages yet.... when we do, they'll get split out in subsequent releases.
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.
Nullig
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Nullig »

1.4 is looking great. Well done!

I think the site verification is a terrific feature, in terms of security. One thing that would be a nice enhancement, would be to be able to validate the site from a file on the server. When I generate a checksum file, I'd like to be able to FTP it to the server, outside of the CMSMS installation, and use it to validate the site, as I'm not always at the same computer when I'm working on a site.

I realise that we're in "no new features" mode right now, but for future consideration...

Nullig
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Post by calguy1000 »

Yeah, that's been requested before, and is a good idea.  I just didn't get to it.

However, we can always release that seperately (or somebody else could do it)....

release a single php file that has no UI or anything, doesn't rely on anything else (maybe fileloc.php or config.php at the most), but can read the checksum file specified (somewhere) and spit out a report.

However, the reason I didn't save the file to the local filesystem was for security reasons.  if the checksum file is there, then it stands to reason, that any hacker that finds a vulnerability could always tweak that file.  so if a checksum file was on the server it really couldn't be regarded as 'trustworthy', but could still help if you're certain it wasn't corrupted (i.e: you kept track of the md5sum of the checksum file itself).
Last edited by calguy1000 on Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.
Pierre M.

Post by Pierre M. »

cb2004 wrote: Fresh install (base pack):

Clicking try again goes back to the language selection and does not reload ?sessiontest=1
This report lacks context information which would be helpfull to diagnose the issue.

Pierre M.
Pierre M.

Post by Pierre M. »

Thank you DevTeam for 1.4b1 and 1.4b2 on the way to 2.0.

Here is a bump : please handle bug #1983 (ultra easy, solution already included for months)

Pierre M.
RonnyK
Support Guru
Support Guru

Post by RonnyK »

Pierre,

this one is just fixed in SVN and will be included in the next release....

Ronny
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Post by calguy1000 »

I can't reproduce this.
Follow me on twitter
--------------------
jmcgin51
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by jmcgin51 »

I can.

Installing 1.4 beta2 "base" over 1.3.1.  Here's a screenshot of the language options, and one of the system settings shown during installation.
Reproduced this too.  The first time I tried the install, my config.php was set to 644.  I changed to 777 for the install, then clicked Try Again.  This took me back to the language selection page instead of refreshing the current page.

I had no problems completing the install, and everything looks to work ok in the limited testing I've done so far.
Attachments
system_settings.jpg
installer_screenshot.jpg
Last edited by jmcgin51 on Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
jjbakker
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by jjbakker »

on a fresh install:

After choosing the installer language:

string(240) "Smarty error: [in header.tpl line 24]: syntax error: plugin function smarty_compiler_assign() not found in /home/admin/domains//public_html/lib/smarty/plugins/compiler.assign.php (Smarty_Compiler.class.php, line 656)"
Fatal error: Call to undefined function smarty_core_load_plugins() in /home/admin/domains/public_html//tmp/templates_c/%%F7^F7F^F7F34188%%header.tpl.php on line 4
MichaelK

Post by MichaelK »

jjbakker wrote: on a fresh install:

After choosing the installer language:

string(240) "Smarty error: [in header.tpl line 24]: syntax error: plugin function smarty_compiler_assign() not found in /home/admin/domains//public_html/lib/smarty/plugins/compiler.assign.php (Smarty_Compiler.class.php, line 656)"
Fatal error: Call to undefined function smarty_core_load_plugins() in /home/admin/domains/public_html//tmp/templates_c/%%F7^F7F^F7F34188%%header.tpl.php on line 4

Have you CHMOD this directory? 777?
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Post by calguy1000 »

Looks to me like an upload issue.
Follow me on twitter
--------------------

Return to “Announcements”