Announcing CMS Made Simple 1.4-beta1

Project Announcements. This is read-only, as in... not for problems/bugs/feature request.
jce76350
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Re: Announcing CMS Made Simple 1.4-beta1

Post by jce76350 »

Hi,
Can't assign Stylesheets to Templates via 'Current Associations'
Using a new template only, the stylesheet is not added
Correction Ok into last SVN
Thanks
Jean-Claude Etiemble
stopsatgreen
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by stopsatgreen »

Not sure if it makes a difference, but as I noted above this does not affect new templates only, it affects any template which does not currently have stylesheet associations; so an existing template which has all associations removed from it will be affected by the same problem.
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

CMS Made Simple 1.4-beta1 - Update

Post by calguy1000 »

Update:

It's been a week now since the beta and things are progressing well. 
- The issue with having to do an upgrade after the install is now fixed
- The installer has been tweaked:
    - Safe mode is now a warning
    - We now test to ensure that the httpd process can create a file inside a directory created by the httpd process
      if this fails, then the installation fails.  This functionality is required for News, ThemeManager, ModuleManager
      and a bunch of other modules.
- The search module has been tweaked
  - more (very minor) tweaks wrt performance
  - we now escape any characters in the search phrase that have special meanings in side a regular expression
  - Restored the behaviour of the default search template to be compatible with those before Search 1.5
- The Stylesheet problems have been fixed
- The viewsite link has been fixed
- More tweaks

There will be a 1.4-beta2 (unfortunately), and there's still a couple of more things to do before we can release it
- Add another text area in content pages (the options tab) so that you can specify html/smarty variables to be placed
  at the top of the page template (this will do the same thing as putting smarty variables and logic into the metadata
  field did before 1.4).
- Another (low priority) tweak to the installer to handle max execution time of 0.... This is a low priority item
  anyways, because the max execution time thing is just a recommended setting.

I'll of course keep you posted as to when the 1.4-beta2 comes out.
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.
Dr.CSS

Post by Dr.CSS »

OK quick ? what do the numbers in bottom of page source mean now that they have no text with them?...

jce76350
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by jce76350 »

Hi,
Generated in 0.267839 seconds by CMS Made Simple
using  38   SQL queries
and 5834456 bytes of memory 
usage was 6113588

see the code into index.php

Code: Select all

if ($config["debug"] == true)
{
  echo "<p>Generated in ".microtime_diff($starttime,$endtime)." seconds by CMS Made Simple using ".(isset($db->query_count)?$db->query_count:'')." SQL queries and {$memory} bytes of memory (peak memory usage was {$memory_peak}</p>";
}
else if( !isset($config['hide_performance_info']) )
{
echo "<!-- ".microtime_diff($starttime,$endtime)." / ".(isset($db->query_count)?$db->query_count:'')." / {$memory} / {$memory_peak} -->\n";

}
Jean-Claude Etiemble
ZYV
Language Partners
Language Partners

Post by ZYV »

38 queries is A LOT! It's even worse than Wordpress :( I think that letting beta-2 out is good. The resulting release will be stable enough to wait quite a while before an upgrade. Congrats for the fixes, sounds good!
unsigned double ZYV;
nils73
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by nils73 »

Good to hear there will be a second beta of 1.4 because there are a few more things that I have to come up with:

After install I got the message that I needed to configure CMSMailer - but usually I do not use that module. However I clicked the link and got something like "\./moduleinteface.php not found". Then I tried to uninstall the module but the reminder still sat there in my "start-center" (what do you call the first page in CMSMS by the way?) waiting for me. I had to take the long way and configure it to get rid of the message.

I created a few new groups to test the new group-and-user-management. If you have installed a few modules then it would be nice if you could say "select/deselect all" in user-rights for any given user-group (a "per group selection", sorry for my English). However there was also a lot of light when going through the newly designed interface: I noticed that we now have internal as well as external links as content-types. Well done, guys!

However I would consider to rework the "parent-page" handling in the dropdown: While in site-manager you can see all pages by page-name (which is great), it would also make sense to have this feature withing the dropdown-box. I can tell from the page-name which page I would like to edit but not always from the title of the page. So sometimes I have to open a second tab in my browser and take a look at the hierarchy. Same applies to reordering of pages (and there I was wondering if reordering in respect of hierarchy would be a great feature, but I am no programmer at all so this is just my 2 cents here and not a bug either).

Regards
Nils
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Post by calguy1000 »

I'll check into the CMSMailer link issue.

However, for the other items, we're currently in 'feature cutoff' so there won't be any new stuff going into 1.4 now.  We want to get this thing out as soon as possible without (hopefully) having to do a third beta.

BTW:  we refer to admin/index.php as the 'Main Page'  or the 'index' page.  (up until 1.4 the link was actually called 'Main').
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.

Return to “Announcements”