1.4?? already?

Project Announcements. This is read-only, as in... not for problems/bugs/feature request.
vaughnt
Forum Members
Forum Members

Re: 1.4?? already?

Post by vaughnt »

Both the stylesheet caching and the stylesheet reordering are both important updates in my opinion. The stylesheet ordering is important for correct functioning of CSS, and I've had to implement caching myself on my site to prevent abusing the server too badly (I have some google widgets that get pounded).

Glad to hear these are being considered.
--
My photography: http://vaughnsphotoart.com
Festiva Resorts: http://www.festiva.travel
studip101
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by studip101 »

Just wanted to say that I've been trying to make a low vision version of my CMSMS site and really, really would like to see the ability to make persistent, primary, and (especially) alternate stylesheets. thanks
Pierre M.

Post by Pierre M. »

'dip101, have you tried to ask on the accessibility forum ?

Pierre M.
Pierre M.

Post by Pierre M. »

Hello,
calguy1000 wrote: ...I've deleted the sqlite option from the installer for now, but I'm not going to delete the drivers for it, or any of the other drivers, or plugins, etc. so that advanced users at least have the 'option' of trying out other databases or options....
Yes, I'd like to try again the SQLite database option.
SQLite... is light... is an easy backup way to try... may be some versioning/staging solution to explore... and can run full in RAM (ram filesystem) at speed of light... I speculate ;-)

Pierre M.
Ted
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Ted »

Pierre M. wrote: SQLite... is light... is an easy backup way to try... may be some versioning/staging solution to explore... and can run full in RAM (ram filesystem) at speed of light... I speculate ;-)
SQLite doesn't run totally in RAM, it still uses files for persistence.  It's very fast because it does lose that unnecessary network layer, but it still has a bog-down potential for large tables or complicated queries just like any other database.

I see it as a great way to try out CMSMS though.  If you can just remove one whole step and make it totally non-committal, it becomes a win.  Plus, if you don't like CMSMS, you blow the database away when you delete the files as well.

My suggestion was to make it a 2.0 thing, because at that point (because it has to be PHP5), you can count on SQLite always being there.  There aren't a ton of PHP4 installs that will have SQLite compiled in.

Return to “Announcements”