Introducing CMSMS Forge

Project Announcements. This is read-only, as in... not for problems/bugs/feature request.
Ted
Power Poster
Power Poster

Introducing CMSMS Forge

Post by Ted »

In an effort to consolidate and promote development of extensions for CMSMS, we've decided to setup a gforge system.  Basically, this means that anyone will be able to register a project (that gets approved first), and have a place to develop it.

Some of the features are:
- Your own subversion (svn) repository to commit code to
- A place to host downloads
- Mailing lists
- Bug tracker/Feature Requests
- Task Manager
- Documentation Manager
- Surveys

At this time, we won't be hosting project websites.  This may change later, but I don't want to give out that much access to this machine right now.

We'd also prefer that you use these forums for related discussions, but there are built-in forums if you really want to use them.

It's not perfectly setup yet, but it does work and CMSMS and core modules have been moved there.

The url is: http://dev.cmsmadesimple.org

Now let's see some more modules and stuff, mmm'kay? :)

Thanks!
westis

Re: Introducing CMSMS Forge

Post by westis »

The CMSMS Forge is a great thing! :-)

I'm currently in the process of moving all modules & tags to their own projects in the CMSMS Forge. All you who have developed those modules (and will develop new modules), please register at http://dev.cmsmadesimple.org and then let us know, so that we'll make you admins of your modules & tags!

Also, all you people who translate the core and modules to other languages, please register a project for each language. Call the project like Swedish/Svenska, that is both in English and the native language. The good thing for translations is that it's easy to update language files without having to e-mail them or post them in the forum.

With time we will get more information up on how to use the forge. If you want more information before that, feel free to ask in the forum or pop in on IRC.

Keep on developing! :-)
westis

Post by westis »

Correction. The Downloads page (http://www.cmsmadesimple.org/downloads.shtml) will still be accessible as it is now. The difference will be that there will be separate listings for the extensions that have CMSMS Forge projects (linking to the Forge) and those extensions that are not yet registered as projects in CMSMS Forge.

That way noone is forced to use the forge, although all developers are encouraged to do so. This also means that modules & tags made by a developer that is no longer using CMSMS will still be accessible for download, but not with a separate project in the forge.

This will be applied later, once a module has been written that displays all the extensions in the forge on the Downloads page.

:-)
Ted
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Ted »

For the people registering the language projects, thanks so much!  I'm still working out the details on how to handle this properly, and will let you guys know in a couple days on how to work with it.

I have ideas, but it's going to require some quick code changes.  I'll test with Swedish and after everything is working correctly, I'll post the details.

Thanks again!

Return to “Announcements”