0.11beta2 Released!

Project Announcements. This is read-only, as in... not for problems/bugs/feature request.
Ted
Power Poster
Power Poster

0.11beta2 Released!

Post by Ted »

Hey all,

This one doesn't have a lot of changes over beta1.  Instead, this version includes most of the huge overhaul I talked about 2 weeks ago.  There have also been some php 4.4/5.0.5 fixes and some language updates.

So, because of the major changes, please approach this version as a beta.  Don't put it on your production sites!  There could be tears...  :)

Instead, please test it in a dev environment.  Because of some changes to the module API, any module testing would be greatly appreciated to make sure everything works as expected.

As usual, post things here or in the bug tracker.  I'll get to them when I can, but the next 1.5 weeks are a little busy for me, so time will be limited.  I'll see what I can do...

Thanks as always!
Ted (wishy)
Keine Ahnung

Re: 0.11beta2 Released!

Post by Keine Ahnung »

Hi

I did some testing with 0.11 beta2. It works fine. When editing pages the FCKeditor-buttons don't show up first. After selecting

Use CMS Language settings: x
Enable context menu: x

in the FCKeditor-module everything's fine.

I like the option to collapse and expand page hierarchy. Really cool feature.

I translated the missing language variables for German user. In /admin/lang/de_DE/admin.inc.php interested people can add these lines at the bottom or the appropriate place:

$lang['admin']['indent'] = 'Seiten-Liste einrücken um die Hierarchie zu betonen';
$lang['admin']['adminindent'] = 'Inhaltsanzeige';
$lang['admin']['contract'] = 'Sektion zuklappen';
$lang['admin']['expand'] = 'Sektion aufklappen';
$lang['admin']['expandall'] = 'Alle Sektionen aufklappen';
$lang['admin']['contractall'] = 'Alle Sektionen zuklappen';

I haven't found some serious bugs although I didn't check the module compatibility. IMHO it's a very stable beta.

One idea concerning content blocks crossed my mind. Woudn't it be useful if the page reloaded after selecting another template so that different content blocks are loaded?

Excellent work, wishy. Thanks!

dominic
Greg
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Greg »

CSSMenu.js is still not loading .. fresh install of 0.11beta2
Greg
Ted
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Ted »

Keine: Actually, it SHOULD be doing the refresh when you change templates.  Maybe it's not working correctly.  I'll look into it.

Greg: I'll look into that as well.

Thanks!
Greg
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Greg »

If I remove line 90 the js loads

Code: Select all

if (eregi('\{cms_module module=[\"\']?cssmenu[\"\']?', $content))
Greg
Ted
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Ted »

Oh...

Yeah, that's not gonna work anymore.  Hmm.  That's gonna be quite a pickle to fix.
Ted
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Ted »

Ok, I fixed this one.  Was easier than I thought.  If you want to test it, do this:

- Go into CSSMenu/CSSMenu.module.php
- Copy the ContentPreRender function totally
- Change the function name to ContentTemplate

The problem is that the change makes ContentPreRender not work the same now.  It only works on the stuff that would come out of {content} and not everything together.  Not a huge deal, but it still could be a problem if a module relies totally on ContentPreRender for it's functionality.
Greg
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Greg »

Thanks wishy, works great !
Greg
numer9

Post by numer9 »

Is there any options for multi language support? I got my page in two languages, and want to use only one database for templates. Can it be done easily? I haven't found any informations about that feature, but don't want to search for a work-around since I'm not sure I'm missing something...

I also got some problems:
1. there's no page_alias field when creating new content. It is generated automatically, but when I'm using polish language (and we got some strange letters, like śąćż), the page alias is generated in a nasty way (and it doesn't work). So, workaround is to create page, submit it, go back go pages menu, click on the page and then manually change the page alias.

2. I haven't tried it in beta2, but in .11beta1, when i had no connection to mysql (didn't create database), the installation didn't say anything, just hanged at the step when all structure should be created.

any suggestions?
numer9
Ted
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Ted »

No, there is no multiple language support yet.  We're discussing ways to implement it, but it's still a ways off...

As for #1, you can turn off auto_page_alias in config.php to get that when you make a new page.

And #2 seems a little strange.  It does check all of those things and have errors messages.  I'm kind of surprised you didn't get one.
numer9

Post by numer9 »

Do u have any written documentation / discussion about that module (multi-language)? I'm thinking about it right now and that would help me alot.

about #2 - maybe my database connection was broken during the install (i was working on that server from couple of consoles), but in step to give host address, login, password and stuff - it was broken; then i entered my data - and it just stopped, showing just the header of next step. I did this about 3 times before checking php4-sql module (which wasn't installed) and it was always the same. but that's probably not that serious issue since everyone should have well configured php4-mysql...
Ted
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Ted »

It won't be a module.  It's going to have to be very low level and is going to require a lot of discussion to implement properly.  Should templates be multi language too?  how about html blobs?  Should they have different permissions?  etc etc etc

It's on my list of long term goals, but I probably won't even get to think about it for another month or so.
numer9

Post by numer9 »

i see... that's no good news for me, since i really need that thing to see in one of my production sites soon. But the goal of my question was - do you have any written conclusions, assumptions? something to help me with my discussion (with myself ;) ..?

tamlyn

Post by tamlyn »

The admin_recent_pages_seq table doesn't seem to be respecting the db_prefix setting. Also if I use a db_prefix other than "cms_" everything fails with a smarty error about not finding the module "_module" which I assume is due to a careless find-and-replace :P

I also had to change the FCKedit settings to get the buttons to show up in firefox though after I changed them back to the original settings the buttons still loaded. In IE6 it worked first time. The other problem is that in firefox, moving the mouse over the buttons uses 100% CPU (apparently I'm not the only one).

In IE6 the FCKeditor settings don't show up although they do get saved on submit (and the fonts are huge).
Ted
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Ted »

Thanks for the admin_recent_pages_seq problem.  It's fixed in svn.

Return to “Announcements”