Announcing CMS Made Simple 1.2 Beta 2

Project Announcements. This is read-only, as in... not for problems/bugs/feature request.
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Re: Announcing CMS Made Simple 1.2 Beta 2

Post by calguy1000 »

GDS wrote: Site Admin - Page Defaults

Notice: Only variables should be assigned by reference in c:\phpdev\www\sff\lib\classes\class.content.inc.php on line 1481

Add New Content - Options:

Notice: Only variables should be assigned by reference in c:\phpdev\www\sff\lib\classes\class.content.inc.php on line 1481

Notice: strtotime() [function.strtotime]: Called with empty time parameter in c:\phpdev\www\sff\lib\classes\contenttypes\Content.inc.php on line 270

GDS
I installed the truetype text module in two installations of 1.2beta2, and could not reproduce these problems in any of them.
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.
Silmarillion
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by Silmarillion »

Hi GDS

The first Notice in the filemanager was fixed almost at the same time as beta2 was tagged. Unfortunately it didn't get included, but it will be in next version. Just so you know.

sil.
GDS wrote: Edit Content - Options
Notice: Undefined variable: entries in c:\phpdev\www\sff\modules\FileManager\fileview.php on line 157

FileManager - File view

And i do see some untranslated strings. (Norwegian)
Is there a way I could do these translations?

GDS
Silmarillion
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by Silmarillion »

Hi stopsatgreen and GDS

I'm doing the Printing module, and while I know it has issues, I still think it's a better choice than the builtiin. Unfortunately a recent changed caused a bug in the templates, rendering the default templates (which are there!) invisible. This has been fixed. I'm puzzled about the trouble with the PDF-support, as it works perfectly for me. What does it do wrong?
The documentation is as good as the one on the plugin and I've removed the (admittedly foolish) empty settingspage. I'll reenable it if/when someone thinks of some nice settings.

Regards
Sil.
stopsatgreen wrote: Also, this is just a suggestion, but I don't think the Printing module is ready to be included as a core module yet. There are no settings, no default templates, very little help; I'd say it needs more development before going out. It's a useful module, for sure, but a bit too rough at the moment.
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Post by calguy1000 »

okay, after some cooperative effort between Silmarillion and myself we've managed to solve most of the issues.  With these 'gotchas'

1) gifs will not be supported.  jpg and png files will though, so you should use them (if I remember correctly there was a copyright issue about gifs anyways).  though gifs will no longer throw an error, they'll just be silently ignored.

2) relative paths to images work fine now.

3) the old print plugin is still available, it's just called {oldprint} therefore we're not really breaking anything.
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Post by calguy1000 »

Has anybody tested an upgrade yet?

it looks like we'll be doing a beta3 here shortly, to get the last install issues and warnings out of the way, but before we do that I would appreciate it if some people would do an upgrade, from say 1.1 to 1.2 and other versions as well, to make sure nothing unexpected crops up.

This is the opportunity you will have to test the upgrade process from an existing site to a new 1.2 distribution.  If enough of you do it on test servers, it will reduce the headache on everybody's part of us having to do a 1.2.1 or a 1.2.2.  The more testing you can do the better.  It not only helps us, but it helps you.

Here's what I suggest you do.
1) backup the database and files of one of your live sites
2) Restore to another location (maybe a local server, maybe a live server)
3) edit the config.php to reflect the new location (and new database settings?)
4) clear the cache on the new site
5) test to make sure everything is working as it should on your 'moved' site
6) copy the 1.2 install overtop
7) go to /install/upgrade.php (though this should happen automatically when you try to login to the admin
8) ensure that the upgrade process works, and the site still works as expected
    (with the exception of any expected changes).
9) Report your success or failure (and a detail of the messages you receive for a failure) on this thread.

I would also like to see which version of PHP, and Mysql you are running (if you're running IIS that's okay too).

Please people, the more testing we can do before 1.2 comes out the less grief all of us will have in the upgrade process.

I would much rather test upgrading one site in a harmless environment (one or two times), and find and report a bug, watch it be fixed, test again to verify, and be happy.  Otherwise I might have to fix 20 (or more) sites due to an error being uncaught because nobody tested enough.  In other words, the quality of the release depends on you.
Follow me on twitter
--------------------
stopsatgreen
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by stopsatgreen »

I upgraded from 1.1.3.1 to 1.2-beta1, and despite getting a few warnings on the upgrade page (which I can't remember now), everything went smoothly. I will try another upgrade and let you know how that goes.
RonnyK
Support Guru
Support Guru

Post by RonnyK »

stopsatgreen,

I think Calguy1000 is asking for messages in the installation of beta2, as he is about to release beta3. Most of the beta1-issues should have been resolved in beta2 already.

Ronny
GDS
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by GDS »

I installed the truetype text module in two installations of 1.2beta2, and could not reproduce these problems in any of them.
Sorry about this, I can not reproduce these bugs by reinstalling truetypetext 2.0 again.
As for now, I think my reports about these problems can be ignored.

As Truetypetext 2.0 didn't work in my installation in the first place, I should have unistalled it before testing.
(truetypetext bug: "Unable to save style" are still present /unsolved).

GDS
RonnyK
Support Guru
Support Guru

Post by RonnyK »

GDS,

in the development area, is TrueType 2.0.1 available, I don't know if tat fixes your issue.

Ronny
GDS
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by GDS »

Hi Silmarillon,
I will try to sum up some of my observations on how the pdf works in my installation:

I am not able to show jpg images in pdf. In one page I get this code where the image should be:

���type=image,ypos=135,width=176.38888888889,height=132.29166666667���q
500.00 0 0 375.00 28.35 322.74 cm /I1 Do Q

In other pages, there are no track of images at all,
or I get a big red cross where the image should be.

I observe that javascript generated content is ignored in the output.
I observe that page-break-before are ignored.
I observe uneven left margins.

I dont know if these are bugs or just missing features.
Do you have a detailed description of how the pdf option is supposed to work?

When trying to print a Gallery page, I get these Error messages:

Warning: dir(uploads/bilder/) [function.dir]: failed to open dir: Invalid argument in c:\phpdev\www\foreldrene.no\plugins\function.ImageGallery.php on line 47

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in c:\phpdev\www\foreldrene.no\plugins\function.ImageGallery.php on line 49

GDS
Silmarillion
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by Silmarillion »

The last part with the Gallery Plugin I don't thkn have anything to do with the PDF-function. When I worked with calguy yesterday on the pdf-generation, it didn't work for him at all to begon with, but he made it work. As it is now I get the same result as you.
I am considering options like removing pdf-generation alltogether, marking it as experimental or switching to another pdf-generation backend. I'll think more on this through the day.
The way it should work, and did for me before, and does for calguy now, is simply that the browsers sends you a generated pdf upon clicking on the icon/link. As this is the intended functionality I don't think much further instructions are needed.

I'll get back soon about what we're going to do.

sil.
moorezilla

Post by moorezilla »

Any idea when beta-3 will be out? I have some time to test it this afternoon or tonight if it's coming out today.
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Post by calguy1000 »

I'll probably cut it when I get home tonite....
Follow me on twitter
--------------------
GDS
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by GDS »

Printing (without pdf): Only absolute image paths works.

GDS
Silmarillion
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by Silmarillion »

Confirmed and fixed in svn

Return to “Announcements”