Announcing CMS Made Simple 1.1.1

Project Announcements. This is read-only, as in... not for problems/bugs/feature request.
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Announcing CMS Made Simple 1.1.1

Post by calguy1000 »

CMS Made Simple 1.1.1 is out, as announced here: http://blog.cmsmadesimple.org/2007/08/26/announcing-cms-made-simple-111/

The downloads page has been updated, including diff packages to go from 1.1 to 1.1.1

I Hope this makes your day.
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.
MichaelK

Re: Announcing CMS Made Simple 1.1.1

Post by MichaelK »

Hi there,

Thanks for this update. I just updated more then ten website and it all went well!!!

Thanks again. Looking really forward to version 2.0  ;)
Russ
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Russ »

Thanks for the updates, a little question? In the main blog you list...
"- The News module permission
- News module pagination issues
- Various issues with TinyMCE"

But in the diff file there is no 'module' folder updates atall?

Russ
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Post by calguy1000 »

Okay..... I just recently found and solved a bug that under complex circumstances would cause some modules not to work.  I think that this has already been reported with respect to formbuilder. but people could be experiencing it with FEU and other modules too.

Here are the circumstances:
  a)  You are running CMS 1.1, or later
  a)  You have a complex template with module calls littered all over, and one or more {content} areas
  b)  In a content area of one of your pages you have a {cms_module ...} call that generates an inline form
      (i can never really remember the difference between inline and non inline, but suffice it to say, that 'one of them replaces {content}, the other replaces the originating tag' FEU generates some forms this way, and it appears Formbuilder 0.4 and later do too.
  d)  Upon form submission you would get alot of 'unknown parameter X dropped' messages either on the screen or in your httpd error log, or the form just might not work at all.

Due to this issue, and News not being included in the 1.1.1 diffs for some reason, there will probably be a 1.1.2 coming out soon.
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.
tobik
Translator
Translator

Post by tobik »

Do you consider this for 1.1.2?
http://forum.cmsmadesimple.org/index.ph ... 545.0.html

Tobias
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Post by calguy1000 »

No, I had not seen that one.  We'll look at it for 1.1.2 though.
I just gotta throw somebody from the testing team on it.  The big question is, why don't other modules cause problems.  Is it a bug/inconsistency/problem in the Guestbook module (which is a third party module) or in CMS.
Follow me on twitter
--------------------
tobik
Translator
Translator

Post by tobik »

I checked the guestbook-module. The reason is a call with a wrong number of format params.
Last edited by tobik on Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
deejmer
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by deejmer »

Hello,
I'm having an issue with item D:
d)  Upon form submission you would get alot of 'unknown parameter X dropped' messages either on the screen or in your httpd error log, or the form just might not work at all.
I am currently running v1.1 Somoa, would an upgrade to 1.2 automatically fix this form builder issue?  Sorry, but its not clear to me what action I should take to fix these parameter errors.

Thanks in advance!
chuckienorton
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by chuckienorton »

Any resolve for this??  I have just got this same error... running 1.2.3 and newest formbuilder.

C
Pierre M.

Post by Pierre M. »

Hello,

if you are talking about an issue with "the Guestbook module (which is a third party module)" please start a new thread in the "modules" board.
And remember "same error" isn't same context : please describe yours and how to reproduce.

Pierre M.
chuckienorton
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by chuckienorton »

Pierre M. wrote: Hello,

if you are talking about an issue with "the Guestbook module (which is a third party module)" please start a new thread in the "modules" board.
And remember "same error" isn't same context : please describe yours and how to reproduce.

Pierre M.
Your right, I mis-read calguy's, seeing that he mentioned formbuilder, but he was saying his problem is with guestbook. Mine, actually, is same error as this, but with formbuilder. I've just posted more about my probem on a fresh board: http://forum.cmsmadesimple.org/index.ph ... #msg100206.

Return to “Announcements”