Upgrade of cmsmadesimple.org - finally!

Project Announcements. This is read-only, as in... not for problems/bugs/feature request.
westis

Upgrade of cmsmadesimple.org - finally!

Post by westis »

Well, it's better late than never... You know what? We have finally upgraded cmsmadesimple.org to the latest CMSMS version, 1.1.1! :)

It was long overdue, but was a painless procedure, thanks to reneh and tsw.

Over the coming weeks and months more of the site will also be using CMSMS modules, to display some of what can be done with CMSMS. At the moment the blog is WordPress, the documentation is MediaWiki, the forge is GForge and the forum is SimpleMachines... Well, the latter we will keep, but the rest will go, with time.

Also, expect an announcement in the next few days about a cool way of having the site redesigned. :)

/Daniel "westis" Westergren, co-leader of the Marketing and Information Team
MichaelK

Re: Upgrade of cmsmadesimple.org - finally!

Post by MichaelK »

Version 1.1.1?
I can't download this version  ???
westis

Post by westis »

MichaelK wrote: Version 1.1.1?
I can't download this version  ???
Yeah, version 1.1.1 was made ready for release today, but the developers haven't had time to prepare and cut the release yet. It will be released today or tomorrow.

However, no more changes will be made to SVN, so if you don't want to wait, you can upgrade from the SVN version, that can be checked out from http://svn.cmsmadesimple.org/svn/cmsmadesimple/trunk (although modules then will  have to be checked out manually).

So actually, the site is even *newer* than the latest available version. :)
tsw
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by tsw »

if you use svn version in production I suggest doing some security hardening or "find . -name \*.svn* |xargs rm -rf" before using it.
Pierre M.

Post by Pierre M. »

Hello,

If you use SVN version in production, know what you are doing. It needs hardening and the support team may not be able to help (at least me ;)

Please run current official stable release on live sites on the wild Internet.
(current => always upgrade to current)

Pierre M.
ZYV
Language Partners
Language Partners

Post by ZYV »

Sorry, probably posted into the wrong thread, but I want it to get some attention. After all, that might have to do something with the recent upgrades: http://forum.cmsmadesimple.org/index.ph ... 677.0.html .
unsigned double ZYV;

Return to “Announcements”