Announcing 1.1RC2

Project Announcements. This is read-only, as in... not for problems/bugs/feature request.
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Announcing 1.1RC2

Post by calguy1000 »

http://blog.cmsmadesimple.org/2007/05/22/cms-made-simple-11rc1-released/

This pretty much says it it all, except these two things:

a) TinyMCE is now the default wysiwyg editor.
b) Translators, please check the translations and update them if necessary.

Thank you.
Last edited by Ted on Tue May 22, 2007 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.
stopsatgreen
Power Poster
Power Poster

Re: Announcing 1.1RC1

Post by stopsatgreen »

Two things I've noticed after a few minutes' play:

1. MenuManager and Search both require a minimum CMS version of 1.1, so their pages need to be changed to allow 1.1rc1.

2. TinyMCE doesn't seem to be in the default package.

Looking forward to really getting stuck into this tonight!
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Post by calguy1000 »

You mean menumanager and search aren't working with the 1.1RC1 default install?

strange.
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.
MichaelK

Post by MichaelK »

Here also don't work at the start. But I edit the version.php. Delete the rc1 and only left the 1.1 and now it works.

By the Search module I get this error:
Warning: WARNING: Search is not properly cleaning input params. in /home/michael/domains/rapdiss.nl/public_html/lib/classes/class.module.inc.php on line 1500
moorezilla

Post by moorezilla »

I took an existing cmsms database, moved it to another location and tried to install 1.1. Here are a few things I noticed from a quick test:

Save and Menu Manager fire errors saying that they need version 1.1 of cmsms.
Module area claims that the modules directory is not writeable even if it is chmod'd to 777 and ownership is given to www-data.
Existing installations that do not have access to php.ini may run into issues the first time the site is accessed, since it seems to take a long time load the first time. Is it trying to reindex search material automatically? Just a guess.

Questions:

1. Can existing modules under 1.06 be tarred up and moved into a 1.1 installation and be expected to work? I know that's a loaded question... but is there anything about the new 1.1 version that would definitely make existing modules need tweaks before they will work with it?

2. Probably a dumb question, but will there be a diff version when 1.1 goes live, or is it basically too much of a rewrite to make a diff worthwhile?

Thanks,
am
MichaelK

Post by MichaelK »

By Pages and then reorder pages it's only possible to edit the subpages and not the Home or any other category.
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Post by calguy1000 »

We're (or actually Ted is) fixing the versions in all of the modules Now, and will issue an RC2 shortly.

But to answer your questions:
a) Yes, modules that work under 1.0.x should work under 1.1 without difficulty, there's nothing explicit in the revisions that will break them.  Though you may see more warnings showing up in your httpd error log.

b) As for a diff version.....  the amount of files changed makes me believe that this should be a full upgrade.... I don't think you'll save much by going with a diff version.

c) The modules directory AND the uploads directory have to be writable.
Follow me on twitter
--------------------
Ted
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Ted »

rc2 is up.  Sorry about the version number debacle!
moorezilla

Re: Announcing 1.1RC2

Post by moorezilla »

I upgraded to rc2 and get this warning:

Warning: WARNING: Search is not properly cleaning input params. in /home/web/public_html/chs/lib/classes/class.module.inc.php on line 1500
Signex

Post by Signex »

Installed a clean RC 2 and got this: (menu working now though)

Warning: WARNING: Search is not properly cleaning input params. in /home/betasite/public_html/beta/lib/classes/class.module.inc.php on line 1500
moorezilla

Post by moorezilla »

Yeah! Kicked Sig's ass reporting that error!!!

Take that, Mr. Slow Typer!
Signex

Post by Signex »

Now you hurt my feelings  ;D
moorezilla

Post by moorezilla »

Another module error:

Warning: WARNING: Banners is not properly cleaning input params. in /home/web/public_html/chs/lib/classes/class.module.inc.php on line 1500
Signex

Post by Signex »

1. Module problem for Feedback Form:

Cant install the module: it says "Maximum CMSMS Version Supported: 1.0.5"

2. Looks like most module dont work:

Warning: WARNING: Glossary is not properly cleaning input params. in /home/signexn/public_html/beta/lib/classes/class.module.inc.php on line 1500

3. Module Pisearch doesnt show up in Extensions -> Modules so cant be installed

4. Album gives the same error as most modules

Warning: WARNING: Album is not properly cleaning input params. in /home/signexn/public_html/beta/lib/classes/class.module.inc.php on line 1500

I`m gonna wait with testing until further notice about the "cleaning input params" error
Last edited by Signex on Tue May 22, 2007 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RonnyK
Support Guru
Support Guru

Post by RonnyK »

I get the same param error on Blogs, Pisearch and Reservation.

Also on search, but that one is mentioned already.

BTW I did an upgrade from 1.0.6 to 1.1rc2, so not a fresh install.

Ronny
Last edited by RonnyK on Tue May 22, 2007 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Announcements”