CMS Made Simple 1.0.6 Released!

Project Announcements. This is read-only, as in... not for problems/bugs/feature request.
flushell

Re: CMS Made Simple 1.0.6 Released!

Post by flushell »

Hello

Update was a success, thank you.
Maybe it is a good idea to post HOW to update/grade in the release notes. It's very simple I know, but it costed me a lot of time to find out because in my opinion, it isn't well documented. And in this release there wasn't even a notice / upgrade wizzard after overwriting the files, I wondered for a while why that was, until I read this thread. I think a short notice in the release notes would be a good idea, something like this:
To upgrade to 1.0.6:

- FTP the contents of the zip / tar.gz to the home directory of your CMS installation
- That's all. No upgrade wizzard this time when you login to the backend.
Just my two cents.
Last edited by flushell on Sun May 06, 2007 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pierre M.

Post by Pierre M. »

flushell wrote: Maybe it is a good idea to post HOW to update/grade in the release notes. ... something like this:
- FTP the contents of the zip / tar.gz to the home directory of your CMS installation
- That's all. No upgrade wizzard this time when you login to the backend.
I agree. Each release should have one link to installation instructions and one link to upgrade instructions.
Pierre M.
tkeil69575

Post by tkeil69575 »

Hi all,
I just updated from 1.05 to 1.06 using the diffs ... everything is fine exept the news module ... here I get the following smarty error:
string(73) "Smarty error: unable to read resource: "module_db_tpl:News;displaysearch"" string(73) "Smarty error: unable to read resource: "module_db_tpl:News;displaysearch""

any ideas?

tina

UPDATE ...
I have found the problem ... my mistake,
I must have uploaded a wrong file to the news modules folder ... it was calling the wrong template
please just ignore my post.
Last edited by tkeil69575 on Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Announcements”