CMS Made Simple 1.0.5 Released!

Project Announcements. This is read-only, as in... not for problems/bugs/feature request.
Ted
Power Poster
Power Poster

CMS Made Simple 1.0.5 Released!

Post by Ted »

Reposted from: http://blog.cmsmadesimple.org/2007/03/27/105-released/
We’ve released 1.0.5. It’s basically a security release for FCKeditorX with a few bugfixes. I would suggest upgrading when you get a
chance.

Here is the changelog…

Version 1.0.5 "Molokai" -- Mar 26 2007
-----------------
- Fixes to Global Settings
- Fixes to Delete Stylesheet Association
- Spaces are no longer allowed in UDT names
- $gCms is now given to smarty by default
- Added ability to test the file creation mask in Global settings
- Added page alias on mouseover when in listcontent.
- Added safe_mode check into the admin section
- Modified listmodules to display a message when safe mode is enabled
  and installing files via XML could be a problem.
- Appropriate modifications to ModuleManager and ThemeManager for
  safe mode.
Ted
Power Poster
Power Poster

Re: CMS Made Simple 1.0.5 Released!

Post by Ted »

If anyone had an issues with missing upgrade files in the diff, please redownload it.  Didn't make all the proper changes to the build script.

Thanks!
Signex

Post by Signex »

When i download the 1.04 -> 1.05 version, can i remove fckeditor and the search module out the update before i start updating ?

i dont use those 2 modules, but will the update still work right when you remove the unused modules before upgrading?
cyberman

Post by cyberman »

Signex wrote: can i remove fckeditor and the search module out the update
Yep.
Signex

Post by Signex »

cyberman wrote:
Signex wrote: can i remove fckeditor and the search module out the update
Yep.
Thank you, updated 6 websites succesfully !
kermit
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by kermit »

Signex wrote: Thank you, updated 6 websites succesfully !
just did three in a row here, in a span of about two minutes without incident. took much longer to back everything up and make a note of all the core file changes i've made (which, it turns out, i didn't have to worry about as nothing was overwritten that mattered).

the menu text instead of page title in listcontent is very much appreciated! and was worth the effort to upgrade by itself. ;)
eternity (n); 1. infinite time, 2. a seemingly long or endless time, 3. the length of time it takes a frozen pizza to cook when you're starving.
4,930,000,000 (n); 1. a very large number, 2. the approximate world population in 1986 when Microsoft Corp issued its IPO. 3. Microsoft's net profit (USD) for the quarter (3 months) ending 31 March 2007.
CMSMS migration and setup services | Hosting with CMSMS installed and ready to go | PM me for Info
cyberman

Post by cyberman »

I'm wondering why the chance wasn't used to update some CMSms components to current versions.

Smarty 2.6.18  (CMSms 2.6.14)
AdoDB lite 1.42  (CMSms 1.20)
Srciptaculous 1.7.0  (CMSms 1.5pre1)
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Post by calguy1000 »

because this was meant as mostly a bugfix issue only.  but as usual a few things snuck into it.
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.
cyberman

Post by cyberman »

Hmm, if I'm right 2.0svn use old versions too  :-\ ...
Pierre M.

Post by Pierre M. »

This "bugfix only" release looks like a nice dev discipline to me : the dev team fixes what needs to be fixed. This gives us quality software. And it doesn't forbide one of the following minor releases to be "component upgrade" only, does it ?

Pierre M.
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Post by calguy1000 »

cyberman wrote: Hmm, if I'm right 2.0svn use old versions too  :-\ ...
Yeah, but if you keep ontop of us, we can be sure to be up-to-date before releasing 2.0 for public consumption :)
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.
cyberman

Post by cyberman »

There are a lot of bug fixes inside and some useful things with prototype which could be nice for 1.x too ...
Pierre M.

Post by Pierre M. »

cyberman wrote: There are a lot of bug fixes inside and some useful things with prototype which could be nice for 1.x too ...
Sure : I care about security related bugs. May be bugs in the components somewhat propagates to CMSms as a whole.
Pierre M.

Return to “Announcements”