Fork CGCalendar

General project discussion. NOT for help questions.
pierrepercee
Forum Members
Forum Members

Fork CGCalendar

Post by pierrepercee »

Hello,

No fork is planned for CGcalendar but it is the same type of popular module absolutely essential in many situations. (present by default in almost all CMS on the market) As Calguy was developing in php 7.4 the migration should not be ...
I'm not a developer and I tried to look at this but the module uses 2 extensions developed by Calguy (CGExtensions, CGSimpleSmarty) which have been forked. The problem is that code needed to run CGcalendar has been removed on occasion. I say that from memory, I watched it a few months ago. Can SmartyExt and CMSMSExt be expected to put back the removed code?
This way in case of fork the update would be easier and it avoids unnecessarily installing old extensions.

Who can tell me what is the right way to do it. I hope a developer will have the time, the inclination to look at this. I have no illusions about my attempt: I lack a lot of skills
Jo Morg
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Re: Fork CGCalendar

Post by Jo Morg »

There is a fork almost ready to be released: Khronos. The delay has been related to other priorities having come up in the meantime. I urge people who may have some interest invested in these modules to help a bit by sponsoring them: sometimes a module is almost ready to be released but paid work comes up and I have to prioritize it.
"There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary... and those who don't."
* by the way: English is NOT my native language (sorry for any mistakes...).
Code of Condut | CMSMS Docs | Help Support CMSMS
My developer Page on the Forge
GeekMoot 2015 in Ghent, Belgium: I was there!
GeekMoot 2016 in Leicester, UK: I was there!
DevMoot 2023 in Cynwyd, Wales: I was there!
pierrepercee
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by pierrepercee »

Hello Jo Morg,

It's good news ! To support the Dev Team, there are only subscription formulas (patreon), is there also the possibility of making a donation via Paypal or others ?
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by DIGI3 »

You can make a PayPal donation here: https://www.cmsmadesimple.org/donations

To direct it to a specific module or developer, add a note to the donation or contact me.
Not getting the answer you need? CMSMS support options
pierrepercee
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by pierrepercee »

Hello Digi3,

I saw your answer after taking a small subscription.

Thanks

Return to “General Discussion”