favicon

For questions and problems with the CMS core. This board is NOT for any 3rd party modules, addons, PHP scripts or anything NOT distributed with the CMS made simple package itself.
johnsont
Forum Members
Forum Members

favicon

Post by johnsont »

I'm trying to update the favicon on the site I took over managing. They have one set now, but I cannot find the file anywhere. I've looked under Content -> Image Manager, Content -> File Manager, and Gallery (just in case), but I cannot find it. I uploaded a new .ico file into both of those places (image manager and file manager), but it's not updating the image shown on the browser tab. Any idea where this image is stored?

Thanks,
Tessa
Dr.CSS

Re: favicon

Post by Dr.CSS »

Most times they are/should be in the root of the site...
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by DIGI3 »

This isn't really anything to do with cmsms. Browsers look in the root folder first, unless there's a specific tag to load it from elsewhere - you can view the page source to see if that's the case.
Not getting the answer you need? CMSMS support options
johnsont
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by johnsont »

Thanks. I don't have direct access to the server, just the CMS interface. So that's my problem?

Thanks,
Tessa
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by DIGI3 »

If you have full admin access, you can set the File Manger to advanced mode and you'll have access to the root.

If you can't get that to happen, you can try editing the template to add a path to the favicon (Google it) and upload your new one to where you have file access to.

Also note that favicons tend to get cached aggressively, so when you're all done, load the site in incognito mode to check it.
Not getting the answer you need? CMSMS support options
johnsont
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by johnsont »

Thank you for the help! I got access to the hosting site and the cPanel. All set with the favicon now. Thanks!!

- Tessa

Return to “CMSMS Core”