Horizontal menu

Talk about writing modules and plugins for CMS Made Simple, or about specific core functionality. This board is for PHP programmers that are contributing to CMSMS not for site developers
leen

Horizontal menu

Post by leen »

Hello all,

I've created a patch for adding a horizontal menu capability to dhtmlmenu. This involves a small diff and an introduction of 2 files from phplayersmenu (down-arrow.png and layersmenu-horizontal_menu.ihtml). This does not break the current situation, but just adds an extra option to dhtmlmenu:

Code: Select all

{dhtmlmenu horizontal=1}
Without the 'horizontal' parameter a vertical menu is created.

Here's the diff: http://cc22149-a.groni1.gr.home.nl/~lee ... rmenu.diff.

Assuming phplayersmenu-3.2.0/, cmsmadesimple-0.6.3/, and hormenu.diff are in the same directory, apply with e.g.:

cd cmsmadesimple-0.6.3
patch -p1 < ../hormenu.diff
cp -a ../phplayersmenu-3.2.0/menuimages/down-arrow.png phplayers/menuimages/
cp -a ../phplayersmenu-3.2.0/menuimages/layersmenu-horizontal_menu.ihtml phplayers/templates/
I really hope this can go into cvs ;).

Cheers,

Leen
Ted
Power Poster
Power Poster

Horizontal menu

Post by Ted »

Thank you very much for the easy submission. It's in svn and works like a charm.
leen

Horizontal menu

Post by leen »

Gee, that was fast! Thanks. Hmm, looks like you forgot to copy arrow-down.png? ;)

BTW, would you be so kind to get rid of those executables that are not executables? ;) Just execute this in the trunk:

find -perm +1 -type f | egrep -v '\.(sh|pl)$' | xargs -i svn propdel svn:executable '{}'
That finds files with the executable bit set, filters out perl and shell scripts, and removes the svn:executable property from the remaining files. I checked, the remaining files are not supposed to be executable.

Cheers,

Leen
Ted
Power Poster
Power Poster

Horizontal menu

Post by Ted »

I've been using svn for a like a year now, and I still have a lot to learn. Thanks for that.
leen

Horizontal menu

Post by leen »

, so do I. First I tried to change the file permissions in the trunk with chmod, but 'svn status' showed no change. Then I did some RTFM, found out about the properties (again), and the rest was simple. ;P

Cheers,

Leen
leen

Horizontal menu

Post by leen »

I missed one file:

svn propset svn:executable '' release-cleanup.sh
Cheers,

Leen
MV

Horizontal menu

Post by MV »

Where or what is the style settings for the horizontal menu? Is it the same as the verticle menu in the stylesheet of Edit Template?
leen

Horizontal menu

Post by leen »

MV wrote:Where or what is the style settings for the horizontal menu?
In the phplayers/layersmenu-cms.css stylesheet. The selectors applying to the horizontal menu are clearly recognizable. The other selectors are either for the vertical menu, or are common to both.

Cheers,

Leen

Return to “Developers Discussion”