Is v2.0+ Compatible with PHP7?

For questions and problems with the CMS core. This board is NOT for any 3rd party modules, addons, PHP scripts or anything NOT distributed with the CMS made simple package itself.
rbaby
Forum Members
Forum Members

Is v2.0+ Compatible with PHP7?

Post by rbaby »

Is v2.0 and above compatible with PHP 7? I keep trying to install and it keeps failing :(

I'm on Mediatemple grid and I'm trying to install 2.1 but when I get to the third page I get an Internal Server Error page.
rbaby
Forum Members
Forum Members

Re: Is v2.0+ Compatible with PHP7?

Post by rbaby »

Keep getting the following error either on upgrade or a fresh install and I can't quite figure it out.

Premature end of script headers: php-latest, referer: [ http://domain.com/cmsms-2.1-install.php/index.php?mea601817=2 ]

Same error with 2.1.5.
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Post by calguy1000 »

Sorry. To my knowledge nobody has reported this error before.
and yes, CMSMS 2.1.5 has been tested with PHP 7.

For more information, I found this. It won't help much, but maybe just a little: https://www.liquidweb.com/kb/apache-err ... t-headers/
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.
rbaby
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by rbaby »

Thank you calguy. MediaTemple decided to get rid of 5.5 and only give me the option of 5.3 and 7 and decided that anything that was set to 5.5 will now be to 7 and broke a lot of things.

I know modules can also vary in compatibility as well....are your modules compatible? :)...my LISE module seems to be broken too. SMH, I need a new host. Any recommendations?
Jo Morg
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by Jo Morg »

rbaby wrote:...my LISE module seems to be broken too.
LISE has been tested with PHP 7.0.8 without issues. You really should change hosts: apparently they have some unusual configuration on their servers (to put it mildly) and changing server configurations without warning is not a friendly attitude towards paying customers.
"There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary... and those who don't."
* by the way: English is NOT my native language (sorry for any mistakes...).
Code of Condut | CMSMS Docs | Help Support CMSMS
My developer Page on the Forge
GeekMoot 2015 in Ghent, Belgium: I was there!
GeekMoot 2016 in Leicester, UK: I was there!
DevMoot 2023 in Cynwyd, Wales: I was there!
chandra

Post by chandra »

rbaby wrote:decided that anything that was set to 5.5 will now be to 7 and broke a lot of things.
If there are some changes in configuration like switching PHP versions there are also changes with system pathes.

Please check your config.php if there are system pathes inside. if yes delete it. CMSMS will find right informations by themselve.
rbaby wrote:my LISE module seems to be broken too.
Try to go to LISE > Field definitions and click "Scan Field Definitions". Click after that "Attempt to repair field definition database tables".
rbaby
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by rbaby »

chandra, thank you...that got rid of the errors on my LISE page admin. The front-end still has an error though:

This is what some of my admin pages look like, this would be the System Maintenance page:

I've talked to them about it being a misconfiguration on PHP 7 on their end since even their 1-click install of CMSMS didn't work. What a pain :(

Return to “CMSMS Core”