use Navigator or Products module?

Have a question or a suggestion about a 3rd party addon module or plugin?
Let us know here.
duyquyen1710
Forum Members
Forum Members

use Navigator or Products module?

Post by duyquyen1710 »

Hi! i have a problem and i need help. Thank you very much! And sorry for my english.
I'm using cmsms 1.9.4.2 and module cataloger 0.9 to control my products. Host provider support PHP5.2 and i feel happy with that, everything is ok. But now PHP 5.2 no longer support by host provider and it's not working. I've installed CMSMS 2.1.4 but there's no module like cataloger.
My site have 10 categories contain about 1000 items. I figure out 2 methods to solve that
1. add 1000 items page content in 10 categories page content and use {Navigator} tag to call
2. use Products module
Method 1: i love this method because it's like cataloger module, it's easy to reoder items, and can insert code to content of each item. But i don't know how to call items with it's extra page attributes, it's description, it's image and how to paging items with pretty urls at 10 categories page content.
Method 2: Products module. there's a parameter "pagelimit" to pagination but it's not pretty url and i don't know how to solve that. I wish when i click page << <1,2,3> >> the url will be , /page2, /page3
Could you help me!
Thanks again!
duyquyen1710
Forum Members
Forum Members

Re: use Navigator or Products module?

Post by duyquyen1710 »

anybody please give me an advice?
Jo Morg
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Re: use Navigator or Products module?

Post by Jo Morg »

Cataloger is on the TODO list to be updated to work with CMSMS 2.x. The problem is, there have been other priorities. If you feel that it's worthwhile you could sponsor the update or start some crowdfunding to help the developer make it a priority.
"There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary... and those who don't."
* by the way: English is NOT my native language (sorry for any mistakes...).
Code of Condut | CMSMS Docs | Help Support CMSMS
My developer Page on the Forge
GeekMoot 2015 in Ghent, Belgium: I was there!
GeekMoot 2016 in Leicester, UK: I was there!
DevMoot 2023 in Cynwyd, Wales: I was there!

Return to “Modules/Add-Ons”