Issues with MicroTiny / TinyMCE showing styles in the Editor

The place to talk about things that are related to CMS Made simple, but don't fit anywhere else.
bbrowning

Issues with MicroTiny / TinyMCE showing styles in the Editor

Post by bbrowning »

Working on a fresh installation of CMSMS 2.1.2 and have issues having the styles show up in the Editor. I have created a stylesheet in the Design Manager, attached it to the design and when I render the Editor, I don't have any of the styles showing. For example, my CSS renders the base <p> tag as 14 pt. text. The text showing in the Editor doesn't show text that size.

I have tried this with two different editors - both MicroTiny and TinyMCE. In BOTH cases, the style sheets don't seem to "attach" to the editor. I have tried countless permutations of different style sheets and configurations, to no avail. I am not talking about custom styles - I have been able to configure TinyMCE into showing custom style drop-downs and the tagging works correctly, but none of the styles will show in the Editor. When previewed or published, everything renders correctly.

Is anyone else having this issue?
Jeff
Power Poster
Power Poster

Re: Issues with MicroTiny / TinyMCE showing styles in the Ed

Post by Jeff »

To my knowledge MicroTiny/TinyMCE never have attached stylesheets for the page to their Textarea.

It would add a layer of overhead and complexity that in most cases is not needed (or desired).
pkudlacik

Post by pkudlacik »

Also have issues with custom CSS, however, it works when You clear the system cache (it is mentioned to do that in module help/description when You change something with CSS in TinyMCE component).

However, in my case, I can not make it working properly when accessing through HTTPS into the admin panel. The CSS stop working :-(
When I go to the system maintenance and clear the cache - it works (sometimes, additionally, after clearing the cache You have to reload the page in a browser - while editing the page content - to make the styles appear) but anyway, only for one session. When I log out and log in again to the admin panel the same problem occurs.

When working through HTTP the process described above causes the CSS to show properly between sessions (but when I switch between HTTP and HTTPS the described procedure must be performed)

Actually, I posted this problem in the TinyMCE module forge a while ago, but nothing new since than...
twwitt
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by twwitt »

I'm having similar problems...both MicroTiny and TinyMCE behaving oddly in CSMSM 2.+

I'm using the most recent versions of CMSMS and both editors. Site hosted at GoDaddy.

Both behave better in IE than in Firefox, Chrome or Safari.

Main problem with MicroTiny is that styles don't show, even though appropriate stylesheet has been chosen.

With TinyMCE, in Firefox e.g., the styles DO appear when going to Extensions>TinyMCE WYSIGYG editor (i.e. the sample where you can choose settings), but style DO NOT show when trying to edit a page. This makes no sense to me.

Anyone else having similar problems? I've not seen solutions in the forum about this.
govicinity
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by govicinity »

Bump this.
Going up, woop, woop.

Return to “The Lounge”