Why can't I create links

The place to talk about things that are related to CMS Made simple, but don't fit anywhere else.
NicoleKH

Why can't I create links

Post by NicoleKH »

I'm a novice user of CMS Made Simple, although I do understand the basics. I'm trying to create a link on one of my pages to a file I have uploaded. I understand how to upload the file and have successfully done this. I also understand how to create links, and have been through the process, but once I have located the URL and click on 'insert', nothing happens. I'm confident that I am doing this correctly, as I used to be able to create links on a different computer and I have successfully given instructions to other people on how to do it.

I assume it's some sort of settings issue with my computer. Can you advise what might be causing the problem?
scooper
Forum Members
Forum Members

Re: Why can't I create links

Post by scooper »

Hard to say without knowing more about your system. But as a stab in the dark if you're using the old version of TinyMCE and IE11 then you'll have problems.

cf : TinyMCE and Internet Explorer 11

If that is the case then upgrading to the latest CMSMS version and the all new TinyMCE module would be the best solution.

Return to “The Lounge”