Smarty warning when upgrading from 0.8.2 -> 0.9.2

For questions and problems with the CMS core. This board is NOT for any 3rd party modules, addons, PHP scripts or anything NOT distributed with the CMS made simple package itself.
sunegn

Smarty warning when upgrading from 0.8.2 -> 0.9.2

Post by sunegn »

Hi There!

I've just upgraded from 0.8.2 to 0.9.2 following the upgrade instructions. However when I try to access my site I simply get following error:

Warning: Smarty error: unable to read resource: "db:1" in /my/path/to/site/folder/html/lib/smarty/Smarty.class.php on line 1088

And nothing more happens... What should I do? Has anybody else encountered this?

Sincerly yours,
Sune
Ted
Power Poster
Power Poster

Re: Smarty warning when upgrading from 0.8.2 -> 0.9.2

Post by Ted »

This seems kind of strange, since there was no database upgrade between these 2 versions (I believe).

Can you get into the admin?  If so, do the pages show up on Content Management?  If they do, can you try clearning the cache in Site Preferences and try again?
sunegn

Post by sunegn »

I was able to log into the admin and checked the Content Management. All pages seems to be present.
I did clear the cache as you suggested in Site Preferences but it had no effect. I still get the same error message and is unable to see the content of the site!
Additionally advice would be appreciated.

Sincerly yours,
Sune
Ted
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Ted »

Do the tmp/cache and tmp/templates_c directories exist?  Does the server have write access to them?  They should have bee in the .zip, but there have been reports of it not working for some people.
sunegn

Post by sunegn »

I used the .tar.gz-version but I suppose that doesn't matter. Both diretories in mention exists in tmp/ and are writeable by the server.
Ted
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Ted »

Ok...

Go to content Management.  Try viewing a page with the icon next to the edit icon.  Does the page come up then?
sunegn

Post by sunegn »

Yes, the pages shows up when viewing them from Content Management  and I can see the content of each page that way.
Ted
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Ted »

Ok.  Now we're getting somewhere.

Set the default page to something else and see what comes up.
sunegn

Post by sunegn »

I just realized that the default page was News, but the upgrade seems to have rendered the news-module disfunctional. When I select the News-plugin from the admin it simply comes up blank, hence it obivously doesn't work as default page. So selecting any other page as default enables acces to the site (Hooray :D).
Ted
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Ted »

Ah hah!

Yeah, 0.9.2 has a slight bug with auto upgrading modules.  Just go to Plugin Management and hit the upgrade button next to News.  You should be fine after that.

Isn't software fun?  :)
sunegn

Post by sunegn »

Sorry for the slow reply, my 14 months old daughter chose to hit the reset-button at a very critical moment, leaving me with some  very interesting problems.

In any case I upgraded all modules and now it seems to work more or less! However I don't seem to be able to set News as my default page anymore? It seems I can only choose those pages of type "Content", but News is of type "News". Am I missing something?
Ted
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Ted »

Ouch.  That's what's known as a bug.  I'll put it on my 0.10 TODO list.  I'll see if I can come up with a quick fix for the moment.
Ted
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Ted »

Ok, I apologize now for the major hack, but it'll do until 0.10 comes out...

Open up admin/listcontent.php.  Find the line:

Code: Select all

if ($one->Type() == "content")
Change it to:

Code: Select all

if ($one->Type() != '')
This basically means ANY type can be set default, so be careful.  I'll obviously have a better solution later on.

Thanks!
sunegn

Post by sunegn »

Wonderful! That did the trick! Thank you very much for taking time to solve this problem! :-D

Sincerly yours,
Sune
Ted
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Ted »

No problem.  That's why we're here.  :)

Return to “CMSMS Core”