Physically removing & re-installing CGExtensions

Help with getting the CMS CORE package up and running. This does not include 3rd party modules, PHP scripts, anything downloaded via module manager or from any external source.
burlington
Power Poster
Power Poster

Physically removing & re-installing CGExtensions

Post by burlington »

An upgrade to the latest version of CMSMS went wrong yesterday then worked OK (all caused by my failure to upgrade modules first!!). Today the site does not work.
Seems to be a problem with the older version of CGExtensions. I cannot update/delete this module by the normal method using the program so I thought I could delete the module from the server first via FTP or CPanel, then reinstall it the normal way.
Bearing in mind that this is CGExtensions would this be safe? I would have to change the permissions first of course.
The site has been backed up.
Thanks
Martin
velden
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Re: Physically removing & re-installing CGExtensions

Post by velden »

Make backup first before you start (database and files).

Then you could try to rename the current CGExtensions folder in /modules/

If you can access the admin use Modules Manager to install the latest CGExtensions module.
Else download it from the forge. If your cPanel supports uploading tar.gz and extracting those server side, use that method to get the new version in /modules/CGExtensions
Then in admin go to Extensions -> Modules and you have the CGExtensions listed there with an 'install' link. Click it.
burlington
Power Poster
Power Poster

Re: Physically removing & re-installing CGExtensions

Post by burlington »

(please see PS at end of this message)

Thank you Velden. I now can't access Module Manager! This is the error message I have been getting:

Fatal error: Uncaught --> Smarty: unable to write file /home/***/public_html/tmp/templates_c/wrt54f82bef9aab33.88315611 <-- thrown in /home/***/public_html/lib/smarty/libs/sysplugins/smarty_internal_write_file.php on line 44

I have renamed the CGExtensions module to old-CGExtensions

Martin

ps

Suddenly it has worked and worked normally!! Site seems fine as does 'admin'. I was just about to email the website host because I was getting CPanel server warnings. These have now gone so I am wondering if there was some form of glitch with the server.
Thanks you again.

Return to “[locked] Installation, Setup and Upgrade”