Newscript problems!

For questions and problems with the CMS core. This board is NOT for any 3rd party modules, addons, PHP scripts or anything NOT distributed with the CMS made simple package itself.
gnolen

Newscript problems!

Post by gnolen »

Hi,

It is getting close to launch my first CMSmadesimple site for a client! Goes really easy! But...I have a problem!

After solving to render some news as I wanted and the 'read more' link works it still render this code:

Code: Select all

<span class="cms-module-news"><span class="cms-module-news-header"><span class="cms-news-date">March 22, 2005, 11:59 am</span><br /><span class="cms-news-title"><a name="1"></a>test</span><br /></span><span class="cms-news-content"><p>as...</span><br /><a href="index.php?page=Whatsup#1">read more</a></span>
..which is not correct. Because I do not get a clickable title! There is just an empty link in the span..

Could related to this problem: http://forum.cmsmadesimple.org/index.ph ... 251.0.html and http://forum.cmsmadesimple.org/index.ph ... 699.0.html

Anyone have an idee???

Thanks / Gnolen
Ted
Power Poster
Power Poster

Re: Newscript problems!

Post by Ted »

Can you paste your {cms_module} tag?
gnolen

Post by gnolen »

Hi Wishy!

My tag looks like this  {cms_module module="news" summary="test" length="5" moretext="read more"}, and this tag creates the above html code. Because the title should be clickable right? Most be, otherwise the hyperlink wouldn't have been there.

When this later works, I'll just try to display the title(with a link to the summary)..Is this possible somehow?

I asked you before if you wanted help with some design(backend/frontend)....Did you? I'll release the first CMSmadesimplebased site this week, then you can decide if my designabbilities are good enough.. :)

Thanks / Gnolen
Ted
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Ted »

Yeah, I would love some new templates or admin themes.  Whatever you'd be interesting in developing, I'd surely take a look...  Just keep in mind that the admin is changing considerably, so you'd probably want to wait until an 0.10 release candidate is released before trying to tackle it.

As for News, it looks like it's a bug somewhere.  I'll put it on my TODO list and dig through it later on today.
gnolen

Post by gnolen »

Would be great if you could take a look at it! It's hell when it is a bug and not your own problem! I rather prefer when I am doing something wrong - easy fixable!

I'll send you a little screenshot how my admin now looks like..But you say it will change so...I have to trash it soon.

Thanks / Gnolen
Greg
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Greg »

The News module works fine for me. I notice I have one parameter in my tag which isn't listed in the help, no_anchors=true

Also, just curious what you have in your {cms_module} tag on the 'test' page that the summary references ?
Greg
gnolen

Post by gnolen »

Hi Greg,

New parameter! That is a useful one! Could you also find just_title="true"? :)

I have just this: {cms_module module="news"} in there. To list all of the news. But this could not have something to do with the front rendering, or?

Thanks / Gnolen
Greg
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Greg »

Hi gnolen

Did you have a page named 'Whatsup' with the news tag? I notice that is the page the link is referencing but your tag is referring to a page titled 'test' ??
Greg
gnolen

Post by gnolen »

Greg,

Sorry, that was the old test I did...I just copy pasted it from an other post and forgot to change it..it now goes to 'test'.

/ gnolen
gnolen

Post by gnolen »

Did anyone have on the bugs on this yet? I am getting crazy trying! And I am not a programmerguy. :(
Ted
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Ted »

I'll force myself to look at it this morning...
gnolen

Post by gnolen »

Would be great of you wishy!

And I will look into a new clean template!
Ted
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Ted »

wow, I'm absolutely dense...

It's an tag, not .  That's the anchor that the more link would be using.

In other words, that's the way it's supposed to work.
gnolen

Post by gnolen »

True! But shouldn't the title be clickable and lead to the summary page? What can I then do wrong?
Ted
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Ted »

Well, yeah, I guess it COULD be clickable..  You'd have to modify the modules/News/News.module.php script to do it, though.

Return to “CMSMS Core”