[SOLVED]How configure FB for ListIt2 categories?

Have a question or a suggestion about a 3rd party addon module or plugin?
Let us know here.
Cognatus
Forum Members
Forum Members

[SOLVED]How configure FB for ListIt2 categories?

Post by Cognatus »

I'm fiddling around with Form Builder and ListIt2 and got stuck when it comes to categories in ListIt2.

I have used this walk through:

http://www.i-do-this.com/blog/FormBuild ... xtended/57

It works well when I use simple text input fields, but now I'm trying to use the category features in ListIt2. How do I configure Form Builder to be able to add a category to an item that ListIt2 can use?

I have tried to use a pulldown in FB and defined fields and options in the same way for the two modules, but that's not working.

Regards Jonas
Last edited by Cognatus on Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
staartmees
Power Poster
Power Poster

Re: How configure FB for ListIt2 categories?

Post by staartmees »

use ListIt2FEEdit instead of FormBuilder, it works like a sharm. This module allows you to quickly generate, format, style and manage front end form templates for custom ListIt2 instances.
Cognatus
Forum Members
Forum Members

Re: How configure FB for ListIt2 categories?

Post by Cognatus »

Thanks staartmees, it was certainly easier to deal with the categories with that module.

But there are some questions...

I think I have understood that I need to call an UDT and make that mail me when new posts are made. But, how do I keep the posted items as "not approved"? As it is now everything I enter just goes straight through and ends up in the list.

The other thing, it's possible to choose several levels in a category hierarchy, but the view templates does not really support going in and out of a tree structure, it's more of a list. I'm certainly not able of coding the templates I'm looking for, but are there any templates around that's possible to get hold of?

/Jonas

Return to “Modules/Add-Ons”