[SOLVED] ListIt2 minor issues

Have a question or a suggestion about a 3rd party addon module or plugin?
Let us know here.
nervino
Power Poster
Power Poster

[SOLVED] ListIt2 minor issues

Post by nervino »

Hello, I started using this module that I didn't know yet (thank you Dr.CSS for the suggestion!). It rocks!

I've found a couple of things that, on my opinion, have to be fixed:

1) I've created an upload field: when I try to upload a large file, after a while, I am redirected to the admin panel login page without any error message.

2) There is a checkbox by the upload field. If I check it, the previously uploaded file is deleted from the filesystem but the selected new file is not uploaded and you have to repeat the operation. It would be useful to be able to select a new file and contemporarly delete the old one; also, it should be provided a text for the checkbox, explaining its deletion action.

Thank you uniqu3 and Stikki for this great module.

---------------------------------------
CMSMS 1.11.10
ListIt2 1.4.1
Last edited by nervino on Sun May 11, 2014 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stikki

Re: ListIt2 minor issues

Post by Stikki »

Howdy,

1) is core PHP behavior change issue, Calguy did some work to get around this issue in 2.0 development. This is cause PHP simply resets all GET parameters when file size is too large, so we ain't even getting any error about it. This is new behavior and we try to get around it.

2) File Feature request, we will check bug reports and feature requests when new major release is about to launch. If you won't fill FR or BR, we will simply forgot to look into this matter as i don't double check forum posts, that's why we have tickets system for.
uniqu3

Post by uniqu3 »

1) if you upload a file larger than permitted by your php upload limit setting, it is not a problem with module but your settings

2) if you upload new file there is no reason to tick that checkbox, it is simple cmsms API behavior of createInputFile function.
Only bad behavior with upload field is missing label next to checkbox making it clear that it's delete file checkbox.
If you want more advanced file management use GBFilePicker upload field which is included after install of ListIt2XDefs and GBFilePicker modules, once you scan for new fields.

Edit: OK Stikki was faster, slow at mobile typing :-)
nervino
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by nervino »

Thanks for quick&twin replies!

Return to “Modules/Add-Ons”