How to change tabs ?

For questions and problems with the CMS core. This board is NOT for any 3rd party modules, addons, PHP scripts or anything NOT distributed with the CMS made simple package itself.
hotkiwi

How to change tabs ?

Post by hotkiwi »

Hi friends,
Just a silly, but probably very simple question. My website developer made CMCMS available to me on my website, which makes it easy for me to change content, which is for me the major thing.
Issue I have now however, is that I want to change the text on the tabs that people press.
How can this be done in CMSMS, as so far I have only edited text, not even added or deleted pictures.

Sometimes I think i should go back to Dreamweaver of which i only used 1% of all its options.....

Also, documentation scarce and to be honest, I found the ebooks that are commercially available not much of a help. There is no video series on Lynda.com. is there anywhere else a good resource for starters ?

Thanks !!
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Re: How to change tabs ?

Post by calguy1000 »

CMSMS is a tool designed to give power and flexibility to the web developer. Therefore, each CMSMS installation can and usually looks and operates somewhat differently depending upon how the developer setup the website, which tools and techniques he used within CMSMS, and what third party tools he used. For these reasons it is difficult to provide end user support.

There is no way we can instruct you as to how to edit design level items without knowing exactly how your web developer created the page templates, stylesheets, and use of third party modules.

I suggest you try to contact the web developer with your questions, or arrange to hire another web developer for an hour or two so he can investigate your website and then answer your questions.
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.
chandra

Post by chandra »

A link to your page would be very helpful.

As you said it is a really simple question. Maybe we can help you.

Often the tab text comes from menu text. You should see this field if you edit the page.

Additionally the installation of Archiver module is a good idea. So you could set it back the page to previous version so you shouldn't have trouble by making some mistakes.
hotkiwi

Post by hotkiwi »

chandra wrote:A link to your page would be very helpful.

As you said it is a really simple question. Maybe we can help you.
Thank you, that is very kind.

The website is www.perthkidneys.com.au

Thanks !
Dr.CSS

Post by Dr.CSS »

If you are talking about the menu text, as I don't see any tabs, then you need to log into admin and in...

Content > Pages, click page name...
Now you see...
Content Type: this lets you choose from different content types...
Title: This fills in the {title} tag...
Menu Text: This is the text seen in the front end menu...

In the Options tab the Page Alias: is what shows in the address bar/URL...
hotkiwi

Post by hotkiwi »

Fantastic !!!
That worked great.

Sorry I am such a newbie !!

Thanks again.

Return to “CMSMS Core”