Toggle Start/End plugin bounces in ie9

Have a question or a suggestion about a 3rd party addon module or plugin?
Let us know here.
rhys
Forum Members
Forum Members

Toggle Start/End plugin bounces in ie9

Post by rhys »

Hiya
I'm using the toggle_start / toggle_end plugins and all works fine in FF, Chrome and most ie versions, except ie9 where instead of opening and staying open until clicked again, it just bounces open and then closed.

any ideas?
ta
rhys
Rolf
Power Poster
Power Poster

Re: Toggle Start/End plugin bounces in ie9

Post by Rolf »

Perhaps IE compatibility mode switched on (next to the refresh button)
- + - + - + - + - + - + -
LATEST TUTORIAL AT CMS CAN BE SIMPLE:
Migrating Company Directory module to LISE
Dr.CSS

Post by Dr.CSS »

What " toggle_start / toggle_end plugins" and what version of CMSMS..?
rhys
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by rhys »

Hello, and thanks for the responses so far

Versions: CMSMS 1.11.1 and Content_toggle-1.4.

Pressing the 'Compatibility Mode' button in ie9 fixes the problem, but this is no real solution... what kind of crappy software is so knowingly bad that it requires a prominently placed button which basically says 'If it doesn't work properly...press this'? It is an admission of how badly ie9 performs, but we can't expect users to know to press this 'make it work properly' button. BTW the client who spotted this issue insists that 'Almost all of our users will be using ie9' despite showing the W3C stats which show ie9 use at about 9%... but the client is always right so we need a fix.

any other ideas?
ta
rhys
gully
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by gully »

A user running IE v9.0.8112.16421 just reported this to me. At server, v1.11.2.1 “Isabela”, Content Toggle v1.4, with multiple content blocks on the page.

I asked the user to visit http://www.web2do.be/content_toggle , the author's website, and check the toggling action there - does it work there? Answer: YES. **Hmmmm....

In the meantime I found this thread, asked user to give the Compatibility Mode button a shot. Result: Success!

Thanks to Rolf for the fix. :) I'm looking like a hero at the moment (needed fix'in today due to presentation tomorrow). Answers found at http://forum.cmsmadesimple.org Thanks!

--
** Need to check dif. between sites.
lewishowles
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by lewishowles »

Since there may be other users of the site that also have compatibility mode turned on, you may want to look in to adding this to the .htaccess file:

Code: Select all

# ----------------------------------------------------------------------
# Better website experience for IE users
# ----------------------------------------------------------------------

# Force the latest IE version, in various cases when it may fall back to IE7 mode
#  github.com/rails/rails/commit/123eb25#commitcomment-118920
# Use ChromeFrame if it's installed for a better experience for the poor IE folk

<IfModule mod_headers.c>
  Header set X-UA-Compatible "IE=Edge,chrome=1"
  # mod_headers can't match by content-type, but we don't want to send this header on *everything*...
  <FilesMatch "\.(js|css|gif|png|jpe?g|pdf|xml|oga|ogg|m4a|ogv|mp4|m4v|webm|svg|svgz|eot|ttf|otf|woff|ico|webp|appcache|manifest|htc|crx|oex|xpi|safariextz|vcf)$" >
    Header unset X-UA-Compatible
  </FilesMatch>
</IfModule>
which turns off the option of compatibility mode on your website.
Rolf
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Rolf »

lewishowles wrote:Since there may be other users of the site that also have compatibility mode turned on, you may want to look in to adding this to the .htaccess file:
which turns off the option of compatibility mode on your website.
Or add to the head of your website:

Code: Select all

<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=99" />
LATEST TUTORIAL AT CMS CAN BE SIMPLE:
Migrating Company Directory module to LISE
rab
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by rab »

I have a test site (CMSMS v 1.11.3) which I use to play with various templates and found that the "toggle" (v 1.4) bounces in IE9 in some of the templates, but not others.

I copied a particular page twice with the same exact content, but used 3 different templates (BizBuzz, NCleanBlue and HarleyNew). With compatibility view turned off (icon dimmed), the toggle bounces in BizBuzz and NCleanBlue, but not HarleyNew. With compatibility view turned on (icon blue), toggle works fine in all three templates.

Also, adding the code mentioned above to the .htaccess file did nothing, presumably because compatibility view needed to be turned ON instead of OFF to work.

So I'm confused! Any ideas?

Thanks.

Return to “Modules/Add-Ons”