[SOLVED] ScriptDeploy breaks Javascript

Have a question or a suggestion about a 3rd party addon module or plugin?
Let us know here.
JimboDavies
Forum Members
Forum Members

[SOLVED] ScriptDeploy breaks Javascript

Post by JimboDavies »

I've been running scriptdeploy on http://www.stormforce.biz/ for a while now, and it's worked fine for CSS.

I've just tried combining all of the static JavaScript files to reduce the number of requests and minify, and the JavaScript doesn't implement properly.

If I manually call the JavaScript from the .js file it's fine, but having copied the .js files into script deploy and set them up as groups (in the same order they were called before) no joy.

Any thoughts?
Last edited by JimboDavies on Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JimboDavies
Forum Members
Forum Members

Re: ScriptDeploy breaks Javascript

Post by JimboDavies »

So I've been having a play to try and get these JavaScript files combined, and I've found that it's not the combination process that seems to be the problem, it's simply that any scripts implemented through ScriptDeploy don't seem to work. If I call them individually through ScriptDeploy, it's still as if they're not even there.

I suspect, therefore, that it's the comments ScriptDeploy puts in that causes me the problem? If anyone has any experience of this I'd be grateful for any support.
Mieszko
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by Mieszko »

Hi,

I did use ScriptDeploy for a while.
I never copied any javascript into the textfield.
I rather entered the filename like so:
Where it says 'Use a path(use "/uploads/..."):' I entered the filepath to the js-files. Then I combined them in the correct order and it worked fine.
The reason I gave up with script deploy is that it seems to have too many functions that I don't need. So I now use minify (http://code.google.com/p/minify/), which of course isn't a module but easy enough to handle. Works fine that way.

Hope that helps.
JimboDavies
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by JimboDavies »

Mieszko, many thanks for that. I've switched to minify, and it's had the desired effect - very easy to implement.

Best Regards,

Jimbo

Return to “Modules/Add-Ons”