cms_selflink urlparam changed in 1.10.1

Help with getting the CMS CORE package up and running. This does not include 3rd party modules, PHP scripts, anything downloaded via module manager or from any external source.
rvwilliams
Forum Members
Forum Members

cms_selflink urlparam changed in 1.10.1

Post by rvwilliams »

Hi

I hope this is the correct forum to report a problem with a UDT.

I have a UDT that uses cms_selflink and urlparam to pass parameters to another page. This works fine under 1.9.4.3. With 1.10.1 the urlparam has been urlencoded so that where I had a link that said http://my.site/catalogue.html?next=2&sort=title I now have
http://my.site/catalogue%3Fnext%3D2%26sort%3Dtitle and of course this no longer works. Is this an intentional change or a 'bug'? If intentional, how do I pass parameters in 1.10.1?
carasmo
Power Poster
Power Poster

Re: cms_selflink urlparam changed in 1.10.1

Post by carasmo »

I also want to know the answer to this.
carasmo
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by carasmo »

I just got a notification that this page had a new post, but it's not here. I really would like to know what to do with this issue.
rotezecke
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by rotezecke »

i sent a bug report which has been accepted. look out for 1,10.2 in the meantime, best i can suggest is reverting back to the 1.9.4.3 plugin.
Last edited by rotezecke on Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MantaPro
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by MantaPro »

Twice tried to post here a description of why this is going wrong and a description of a temporary fix until the dev team fix it in the next release.

However both posts deleted by the forum administrators as they contained contained suggested code that would fix the problem and embedding code for the core is against forum rules which is understandable.

I suppose I was approaching this the wrong way, should have done a bug report which rotezecke has done and checked out the code from the forge and checked it back in with the suggested code fixes.

rotezecke's suggestion of using the 1.9.4.3 version of the plugin is an effective work-around until 1.10.2 is released.
rvwilliams
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by rvwilliams »

Thanks rotezecke, your suggestion of using the 1.9.4.3 plugin works for me. I do wonder what I might be missing from other changes to cms_selflink but I'll wait for the next release to find out.
MantaPro
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by MantaPro »

rvwilliams, I'd recommend you do a file comparison between the 1.9.4.3 and the 1.10.1 versions. There are a number of changes and I am not sure whether using the 1.9.4.3 cms_selflink version in a 1.10.1 installation will cause problems.

The forum moderators here understandably are very anti anyone amending the core code due to support and future upgrade issues, which leaves those of use for whom cms_selflink with URLPARAMS is essential with a situation where the page links in 1.10.1 are broken so your options are :
  • Risk using the cms_selflink from 1.9.4.3
  • Revert the whole system to 1.9.4.3 and await 1.10.2 (which is what I guess the core team would advocate
  • Or when you do the file compare I recommended above then lookout for how the use of urlencode() (which is what is causing problems) has been added to the latest version. However it is against forum rules to recommend hacking the core so you must decide on the best approach dependent upon your circumstances

If you have any concerns doing a file compare and evaluating the code that is causing this slight hiccup in our installs then staying on CMSMS 1.9.4.3 whilst awaiting 1.10.2 is the prudent approach.
rvwilliams
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by rvwilliams »

I've just installed 10.1.2 on my test system and cms_selflink with urlparam still doesn't work. I can see the line in the code that is incorrect - simple mis-placed closing bracket.
rvwilliams
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by rvwilliams »

I've now submitted a bug report that explains the problem and suggests the solution - see the bug reports for cms_made_simple_core.
carasmo
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by carasmo »

To work with 1.10.2 I copied the 1.9.4.3 version of "function.cms_selflink.php" in the plugins directory.

rename it: function.cms_altlink.php

rename all occurances of cms_selflink

to cms_altlink

within the file and call it like that. It works great! Now I'm not touching the core and when the issues are fixed, then all the {cms_altlink ...} calls that I need can be switched back.

Return to “[locked] Installation, Setup and Upgrade”