(Solved)T_OBJECT_OPERATOR when trying to start install

Help with getting the CMS CORE package up and running. This does not include 3rd party modules, PHP scripts, anything downloaded via module manager or from any external source.
Dave59
Forum Members
Forum Members

(Solved)T_OBJECT_OPERATOR when trying to start install

Post by Dave59 »

Here is the story so far.
I have unzipped the tar and installed under a localhost Xampp 1.7.3.
No problems. (At least after your help with {stylesheet} and {cms_stylesheet})

I have now uploaded(ftp) the same unzipped tar (from my downloaded unziped file not from the localhost directory ) to my server to a sub directory in the domain (domain/cms). I will move my domain when I am finished as I have a temp website in the main directory (static html).
I use a 1und1 server running PHP5, 4 and 6beta.
For http://www.schmuckzeit-weissenburg.de/cms/ the result is
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_OBJECT_OPERATOR in /homepages/25/d34496098/htdocs/mueller/schmuckzeit/cms/index.php on line 85

For http://www.schmuckzeit-weissenburg.de/cms/install/ the result is
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_OBJECT_OPERATOR in /homepages/25/d34496098/htdocs/mueller/schmuckzeit/cms/lib/misc.functions.php on line 126

Permissions were set to 755 I tried 777 and returned to 755 my files are all 644
All other requirements seem to be meet??
I saw one other post with this problem which no one had answered appart from this I have found nothing that helps. .
I did not run a checksum as the file worked on my localhost.
FTP is Filezilla 3.3.5.1
Dave
Last edited by Dave59 on Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dave59
Forum Members
Forum Members

Re: T_OBJECT_OPERATOR when trying to start install

Post by Dave59 »

Got it
htaccess
AddType x-mapp-php5 .php
AddHandler x-mapp-php5 .php

Found a post with the answer thanks

Wrong!!
I now have the same well similar problem with log in.

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_OBJECT_OPERATOR in /homepages/25/d34496098/htdocs/mueller/schmuckzeit/cms/include.php on line 79

???
No right
It was the htaccess. I reinstalled from scratch and it worked!!!
I guess I got no help replies because I forgot to say I was installing 1.9 bora bora.
:)
Dave
Last edited by Dave59 on Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
webgeest
Forum Members
Forum Members

Re: (Solved)T_OBJECT_OPERATOR when trying to start install

Post by webgeest »

Hello,

Could you please explain in detail how to fix this?
I have ftp'ed the latest version (unzipped on local machine) to the server,
now upon starting www.mysite.com/index.php I get:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_OBJECT_OPERATOR in /www/v/e/mysite.com/docs/index.php on line 85

I really don't see how you fixed this, so please could you help me out?

Thanks!
bemky

Post by bemky »

I suppose he means to add these attributes to .htaccess:

Code: Select all

AddType x-mapp-php5 .php
AddHandler x-mapp-php5 .php
I had the same problem on 1and1 server.  I tried adding these attributes to .htaccess and it worked great.
Dave59
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by Dave59 »

Sorry was away for a while so I missed your post.
Yea Thats exactly what I did.
tumui

Post by tumui »

hi guys

i had the same problem with that upgrade and i screwed it up. then, i edited the .htaccess file as suggested.

BUT NOW i get this error:

res == 'red') { installerShowErrorPage('Directory not writable! '. $d .'
Please correct by executing: chmod 777 or set writing permission for php process, exiting!', 'Directory_not_writable'); } } require_once $pathSmartClass; $smarty = new Smarty(); $smarty->compile_dir = TMP_TEMPLATES_C_LOCATION; $smarty->cache_dir = TMP_CACHE_LOCATION; $smarty->template_dir = cms_join_path(CMS_INSTALL_BASE, 'templates'); $smarty->caching = false; $smarty->force_compile = true; $smarty->debugging = false; $smarty->assign('languages', $installer->dropdown_lang()); $smarty->display('installer_start.tpl'); $smarty->display('pagestart.tpl'); $smarty->display('installer_end.tpl'); exit; } else if(! isset($_SESSION['test'])) { installerShowErrorPage('Session not working, you have problem with some modules and functionality! Ask your provider, exiting!', 'Session_not_working'); } // First checks ok require_once cms_join_path(CMS_BASE, 'include.php'); $smarty =& $gCms->GetSmarty(); $smarty->caching = false; $smarty->force_compile = true; if(isset($_POST['default_cms_lang'])) { $frontendlang = $_POST['default_cms_lang']; } require_once cms_join_path(CMS_INSTALL_BASE, 'lang.php'); $smarty->register_function('lang_install','smarty_lang'); $smarty->assign('default_cms_lang', $frontendlang); $smarty->assign('languages', $installer->dropdown_lang()); $help_lang = installerHelpLanguage($frontendlang, 'en_US'); $help_lang = (empty($help_lang)) ? '' : '/'.$help_lang; $smarty->assign('cms_install_help_url', CMS_INSTALL_HELP_URL . $help_lang); $installer->run($process); ?>

What the...? can someone help me please?

Thank you.
tumui

Post by tumui »

by the way i DID set the rights of the two folders 'tmp/cache/' and 'tmp/templates_c' to 777.

Return to “[locked] Installation, Setup and Upgrade”